2.9

Chapter 29

Leah's POV

Thanksgiving was in full swing already and it was barely eight in the morning. My mom had put the turkey in the oven, a rather huge turkey. We hadn't exactly had this much food since my dad left, and my moms side of the family lived across America. She also decided it'd be a good idea to make ham. Ashton was assigned to make stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and all the side dishes basically.

Michael and Calum were sent to the store to buy several deserts because my mom was being incredibly lazy to bake the night before. Now that the turkey was in the oven, there was no room for any deserts. Emily wasn't really in charge of anything but she wanted to go buy a couple of things so she tagged along with Mikey and Cal.

Luke and I were basically useless. We both didn't know how to cook, and we saw no reason in getting dressed for the stores that would be packed with people buying last minute thanksgiving stuff—hence our family.

It was too early to get ready for the dinner, so I decided watching gossip girl would be a perfect pastime. I was always ashamed of loving this show, mainly because no one expects for me to like these types of shows. Luke invited himself and actually enjoyed the show after making fun of me for a solid ten minutes.

"See, I told you it's a great show," I laugh. My head was mindlessly laying on a pillow that rested on Luke's lap while the rest of my body was sprawled out on the couch. He claimed he wanted to play with my hair.

I had taken notice on how much Luke actually loved playing with hair. The whole time he was here for the sleepover week, he would admire Emily's beautiful long hair. I don't know exactly why he loved it, but I liked when people played with my hair.

"It's not that bad, I just don't see why that Dan dude keeps revealing stories about Serena. And how Chuck and Blair are on and off in almost every episode," he scoffs, a bit annoyed with the whole plot. His hands were intertwined with my hair while his long legs rested on the coffee table.

"Why can't I have a Chuck Bass in my life," I sigh, my arm dangling off the couch.

"Why would you want a Chuck Bass in your life? He's so full of himself."

I shrug, "Because he makes Blair is number one, even over money. His number one weakness if Blair, if anything happens to her he could never live with himself. At least that's what I think. Plus, he's hot and boys in suits is my number one weakness, Jesus H. Christ."

A chuckle escapes his lips, "You, Leah, are much more different than I thought you were." I look up at him, his blue eyes brightening a little more, his lips so pink. Nope, I'll never be over this boy.

Turning my attention back to the TV, Calum, Michael and Emily walk back in, carrying a ton of bags. "What the hell did you guys buy at the store? My mom just sent you for deserts not the whole store."

"It's all Emily! She went shopping while we were out," Michael pointed at her, struggling to keep all the bags in his arm while doing it. "Anyways, let's have the best god damn thanksgiving!"

~

The smell coming from the kitchen almost reminded me what it was like to celebrate thanksgiving. We had so much to eat and so many people whom we loved around us. Not one bad vibe was in the room, everyone joyful and laughing at the top of their lungs.

We all scattered the kitchen, grabbing as much food as we could. Bumping into each other and practically jumping off the walls, Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday for sure now. Yet I couldn't help feel terribly sick, the occasional vomit making it's way up my throat but I'd fight it off for the sake of the holiday. I won't be sick, not today.