4.2

Chapter 42

Leah's POV

Love, a noun, an intense feeling of deep affection; a person or thing that one loves. The most indescribable euphoric feeling towards someone. It's a powerful word if you truly think about it. Unconditional affection with no limits. It is what frees us all from the weight and pain called life, it is love.

Yet love can be cruel because it is giving the other the power to destroy you yet you have to trust them not to. It's wondering from time to time whether or not that person still loves you after several years of being together. In the end, it's a feeling you'll never be able to get so trusting them with all your might seems easier than wanting to expose the truth. It's taking the chance and running with fear for that love.

Here is all I know about Fear and Love, and Luke. There is a certain chance my love for him will never fade away because he's been on my mind since I first saw him. There is a possibility that I will fear my relationship with him for quite sometime because of how everything has turned out.

The question is, do I run with the fear of being in love? Do I chase this fantasy dream that almost every girl is dying to have? Or do I stay in fear from being in love?

Here is my answer. Luke is the oxygen in my lungs, the blood in my veins, and yet so much more than that. He is the entire galaxy while I am nothing more than Pluto. He could have so much more but decides to stay here. He is an angelic little shit that I cannot fathom being without. He is like an entire world I have yet to explore, and you don't give up on an exploration so easy.

So with my eyes widened, tears slipping down my face, I sob loudly, hugging Luke so tightly as if he's slipping away from my grasp. "Yes," I breath out, astounded by the word that just escaped my lips.

There were no words coming from the both of us as Luke began to spin me around. The only sound being made was from the workers that now surrounded the top of the building clapping, some wiping away tears.

Luke finally set me down, tears in his eyes and a huge smile spread across his face. He grabbed the ring from the box and slipped it into my finger before kissing me. Our mouths hungrily but I remembered to calm myself since we were in front of a rather large crowd now.

I was engaged. Holy shit.

~

My head was spinning with the crazy idea that I was getting married. Maybe not anytime soon—at least I don't think I am—but the fact that there was a ring on my finger confused the hell out of me. One moment I'm hating Luke for leading me on, the next I'm laying in bed with him trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I'm engaged. With Luke Hemmings.

We hadn't discussed any plans for when we're getting married or what even came over him to propose. After he asked he hopped into the limo and came back to the hotel, basically all over each other. I don't even remember when we fell asleep, but I do remember my proposal. It's all I could think about.

There was a knock at the door followed by the door to be swung open and three boys appear out of nowhere. I covered myself instantly with the bed sheets, Luke waking up and groaning. I wasn't even naked, I just didn't like anyone to see my pajamas.

"I hope for your sake you used a condom this time!" Ashton groaned, covering his eyes quickly. "You could've put a sign at the door, or a sock for Christ sakes!"

"We didn't even do anything!" Luke groaned, covering his face with a pillow. "She's just wearing her Winnie the pooh pajamas."

Michael began laughing hysterically, throwing a pillow at me. "I can't believe you still have those! You're ridiculous Leah."

Calum walked to my side, handing me my beautiful daughter who was properly wrapped in a 5 seconds of summer blanket. She even had a black beanie with the tally logo and a 5sos shirt. I rolled my eyes at how stupid they can actually be. "Aimee doesn't even like your band," I joked, removing the beanie off of her head.

"She's our number one fan, even the fans agreed," Ashton pouted, showing me his phone. And he indeed posted a picture of Aimee in the merch with a huge smile on her face. I didn't even realize how bright her blue eyes were until now.

Luke grabbed her right out of my arms, hugging her tightly and setting her down right next to him on the bed. "If you'll excuse us, we'd like to sleep in for just a little longer."

"You got two hours until we get breakfast downstairs and get ready to leave for the next city," Ashton informed, all three boys walking out the room.

One city down, several more to go. I liked touring with the boys, they kept Aimee and I company, but it was getting pretty tiresome especially having the baby around. Also I just needed another girl to talk to. I was missing Emily.

I laid back into bed, Aimee right in between Luke and I. She was precious, I couldn't believe how much she looked like Luke just as much as I couldn't believe I was engaged to him.

"Leah," Luke mumbled, his eyes still closed, a small smile on his face, "We should really plan for this wedding."

"We should," I sighed, not wanting to go through more stress. "Or we can just lay in bed and sleep for a little longer."

"I like where this is heading Irwin," he giggled, wrapping his long lanky arm around my waist.

"It's Hemmings now."

His eyes shot open, a huge grin on his face, "It is, isn't it?" Luke laid his head at the crook of my neck, his hot breath hitting my skin.

"Almost." I leaned in, our foreheads touching. This was everything I had ever wanted. To feel comfortable in Luke's presence and just lay down and talk.

"I can't wait for that day," he mumbled, his closing as he drifted off into sleep.

"I can't wait for that day either," I whispered, kissing the tip of his nose before falling fast asleep.