epilogue

Epilogue

Leah's POV

5 years later

Today was the day. Never in my life did I think this day would come, but today was the day I was going to bury my husband in the ground. Maybe I was over exaggerating, or at least that's what he thought, but I swore to myself I wouldn't do this ever in my life. Yet the day came and I didn't know how to prepare myself.

"Leah, how bad can it be?" Luke groaned, crossing his arms in frustration. He had been wanting to learn how to ride a skateboard since I began teaching Aimee, but today he was being serious about learning. He had come home with two new skateboards, one for himself and one for Aimee.

"Luke, you'll probably find a way to hurt yourself and then blame it on me," I chuckled, grabbing one of the skateboards and sitting on it, swaying back and forth with my feet. He shot me on of his 'bitch really?' faces adding an eye roll in the end. Why the hell did I marry this idiot? "Fine Lucas, you want to act like a child you'll get treated like one."

I stood up, the skateboard in hand, and walked towards my blue eyed husband who still looked a little angry. He'd eventually get over his tantrum once he falls on his ass and realizes skateboarding just isn't his thing.

I set the board down on the ground right in front of him, his eyes following my every move. "All you have to do is place your right foot here," I pointed on the board, "and you'll gain movement with the other," I explained as he followed my direction. "Also try to keep your balance and-" and I had spoken too soon because right after I specified to keep his balance, he completely loses it and falls right into our pool.

He didn't like being laughed at, but I couldn't help it. He had been so consistent about learning how to skate and this is what he deserved. "I think you got the hang of it now, Hemmings," I joked, sitting by the pool as the tall boy stood in his position. He was so tall all he had to do was stand up.

"Oh, you really want to make jokes right now, Hemmings?" He began making his way towards me and I knew he was about to pull me into the pool. I sat up as quickly as I could, but it was too late because he had his hands on my ankles and pulled me into the pool.

The cold water felt amazing in this horrid heat but I was still upset that Luke had pulled me in. I was wearing my favorite sundress and now Luke had probably ruined it now, but there was never a dull moment with this idiot.

"Lucas you asshole!" I shouted, moving my hair away from my face. He responded by pulling me closer to his body and began to kiss me, our lips slowly moving in sync.

It had been five years since our wedding, five years since our lives started together. At times it was hard to believe that he was mine and we were able to set aside our problems. What I found even weirder was that we were parents to an amazing six year old, a talented six year old.

I pulled back from our kiss, suddenly remembering about Aimee. "Luke, who's picking up Aimee?" Things had changed over the years, marriage wise and Aimee too. She had Luke's musical talents, as well as my skateboarding skills. She loves music more though, even though she was fearless of riding a skateboard. Most little girls would fear such thing but Aimee begged to ride one, but she also begged to play the piano.

We had her enrolled in piano lessons, but one thing led to the other and she began playing all sorts of instruments. I don't even know how our little creature could be so talented, but her talents have already taken her far. Her preferred instrument was the cello and piano, and she could play better than someone who has been playing their whole life.