2.2

Chapter 22

Leah's POV

The three boys argued as to why Ashton didn't beat Luke down. It wouldn't have been a fair fight anyways, Ashton was smaller than Luke, but I've seen him fight before. Ash was at least ten times more muscular than Luke, not doubt about that. Yet the question lingered in the rest of us as to why didn't he kick his ass?

It was as if he softened up almost instantly after Luke basically said he didn't mean to sleep with me. Dick. There's no way in hell you hook with someone and say you didn't mean to.

Michael and Calum were betting on the possibilities as to why the 'ass kicking' didn't occur.

"I bet it was the height difference," Michael snickered from the back seat.

"No way, the quiff adds about four inches," Calum jokes, both of the idiots laughing simultaneously, kicking and slapping each other trying to catch breath.

"Idiots, the both of you," Ashton scolded, "There's reason as to why I didn't kick his ass. Now shut up and let me enjoy Black Sabbath. I didn't kick Hemmings ass, but I will glady shove my foot in both of yours." His fingers reached for the volume button as the two boys in the back cleared their throats and remained silent the rest of the ride.

As much as I tried not to, I would think about the blue eyed boy and what he said today. I wanted to hate him, I did, but I couldn't. Even after everything we've been through, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. It sounds cliché, I know, but Luke Hemmings will always have this affect on me and I hate it.

Ashton pulled up to Calum's house, Mikey getting down with him. Cal walked to the door while Mikey leaned against the car window. I rolled it down, the now redheaded boy smirking. "You went to the spot without me."

Rolling my eyes and scoffing, I replied sarcastically, "Well you seem to be laying eyes on my man over there."

"Jealous?" He joked. "Seriously though Leah, I miss having my bestfriend around."

Weakly smiling, I nodded my head, "Dito. We'll hang out soon, I promise." Nodding his head, he informed Ashton of another band practice before waving and walking off into Cal's house.

Ashton began driving down the vacant street, turning the volume on slightly as Sum 41 played in the background.

"You got arrested today," he broke the silence, almost chuckling. "I'm the best brother ever aren't I?"

"Calm down, superman. You bailed me out, you didn't get me out of court and fines," I groaned, throwing my feet on the dashboard and sitting back. "Thank you Ash, for defending me."

"Of course, I couldn't let my little sister go to jail."

"I meant with Luke," I corrected. "Why didn't you kick his ass?"

Groaning, he ran a hand through his, now, lose curly hair. He slightly moved his glasses up his nose. "It's complicated."

"What's so complicated about kicking someone's ass? He basically said he didn't mean to hook up with me, which means I was a mistake to him," I chuckle. It wasn't exactly funny that he said that, it stung a whole lot, but I was trying to act strong. I don't know how much longer I can pull this act.

"Shut up Leah!" He scolded, making a sharp turn into our street. "If there's anything I've ever learned from guys like him it's that they never fall in love with anyone."

"Exactly, he doesn't care about me," I scoff. "You should've at least pushed him or something."

"Leah, that's the thing. They don't fall in love with anyone," he sighs. "But Luke, well, uh, he lied. Of course he meant to hook up with you, but when he said he didn't mean it, I'm sure he was trying to imply he didn't mean to fall for you."

My breathing hitches, trying to take in this new information. I know Ashton is good at telling lies and truths apart, but how do I know what he's saying is true? This is only a theory, and even then it will never be the truth.

"No, Ashton you're taking this out of proportion. Of course he doesn't like me, let's drop the conversation now," I groaned, jumping out the car and running inside the house. My legs quickly sprint into my room, having a mind of their own. Adrenaline rushed through my body because I knew Ash was following closely behind me, but I wanted no more in the discussion of Luke or his feelings for me.

There are now feelings. I'm with Calum and he's with Amber. We're all happy. Everything is going to be smooth sailing from now on. You still like him though. No I don't!

"Leah, open this god damn door," Ashton bangs on my door. "I will break it down."

I groan, sitting up from my bed and swinging the door open. Ashton wasn't at the door, instead he was running towards the entrance of my room at full speed thinking I wouldn't open the door but immediately regretted it once he saw my door fly open.

He ended up tripping on my pile of shoes that were scattered around the floor, which had ended up like that from debating which ones to wear for the date that never happened.

Ash whimpered in pain, not having any motivation from getting up from the floor. I laughed hysterically, recording the whole thing and sending it to Michael and Calum on snapchat.

"You should really pick up your room," he scolded, standing up and dusting him self off. "Someone could really get in hurt."

"Sue me," I rolled my eyes throwing my self on the bed.

He sat down beside me, "Leah we need to talk."

"No we don't!" I yelled into my pillow.

"Yes we do," he turned me around. "What exactly was going on between you and Luke, and I want the truth and nothing but the truth."

"What is this court?" He glared me down, and I put up my hands in defeat. "Fine, fine." And so I told him everything. The first moments at the party, running into each other on the beach, first weeks of school, the Disneyland date. Everything. Eventually Emily joined in through half the story, bringing a bowl of popcorn.

Ash and Emily both simultaneously ate the popcorn as if they were watching some kind of action movie. They never took their eyes off of me, or even interrupted.

After I was done, the two were speechless. No one said anything, they just continued eating popcorn and freaking me out with the staring.

"Can one of you say something? The staring is creeping me out!"

"He loves you," Emily blurred, stuffing her mouth with popcorn after. Ashton nodded as well, unable to speak due to the popcorn in his mouth. "Even Ash agrees! And you know he wouldn't admit it!"

"It's true, I'd never," Ashton admits, stuffing his face in popcorn again. "Maybe you should have his babies." The two laugh, almost chocking on the popcorn.

"I hate the both of you," I groan, throwing myself back onto my bed.

"The question is, what are you going to do about it?" Emily asks, nudging Ash to get more popcorn.

What are you going to do about it? I suppose I could talk to Luke and tell him how I feel, but he could always shut me down and push me aside again. Besides, he's with Amber and there's a good chance he no longer feels the same way anymore.

So the answer to the question is simple. "Nothing."

a/n Leah whatyoudoing, why are you stupid. Okay so currently trying to download the sims game, and it's not working because the code isn't working and I'm very upset because I just wanted to start a family with Michael okay... god even on the virtual world we're not meant to be.

Anyways, It's currently 1:12 a.m and I have class at 9 a.m. Why? Someone make college illegal. I hate college. Also, THIS BOOK HAS LIKE 460 VIEWS AND JUST LAST WEEK I HAD 400 SO I'M VERY EXCITED ABOUT THAT BECAUSE PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE MY STORIES. Probably not, BUT I CAN ONLY DREAM RIGHT?

I usually never care about views or comments or likes, but jesus the fact that people actually read my story makes me insanely happy.

The way the 5sosfam makes me happy. This fam has been more of a family than my own this year, and holy shiz, okay. I'm getting sentimental.

Everyone have a goodnight xx