0.1

Leah's POV

"Leah for crying out loud, just come to the last party," Emily, my little sister, begged me. It was the 'last' party of summer before school started. I never saw the big deal, they were only going to have another party next Friday to kick off the school year.
"Emily, I don't want to see Luke or anyone for that matter," I informed. Emily knew my past with Luke . She'd always inform me about Luke's wares abouts at parties but she always said the same thing 'he didn't show'. "Besides, Michael and I are supposed to go skating at the beach."
Michael Clifford was my bestfriend, or my only friend. I didn't mind much because he was all I needed, and Emily of course. Everyone always thought we were a couple but it was nothing like that. He had a girlfriend who was the complete opposite of him, but nevertheless he was happy.
"Fine," Emily groaned, storming out of the house. Now Emily on the other hand was the exact, complete, 100% opposite of me. She would wear dresses, make up, curled hair, had a better social life than I did at just an incoming freshman.
I casually threw myself on the couch waiting for Michael's text about the beach. That was usually what we did during summers. I didn't live too far from it, so it was always nice to get away and get lost in the moment.
Lately we hadn't hung out due to the fact about me sleeping with Luke. Michael never liked Luke and after I told him what happened at the party, he quickly disapproved. Not like anything was happening with Luke anyways.
The morning after, I left my number on the side table hoping that Luke would at least call me once during the summer. At least for some answers. He never did.
Michael would always remind me about how he was right and Luke would never care. I never disagreed but I felt like he was coming off to strong and so soon to rub it in my face.
So Michael was ignoring me a little and spending more time with his girlfriend. I didn't mind, it gave me an excuse to just stay at home and hide my face from anyone at school or running into Luke.
I clicked on the buttons from the remote just flipping through channels till I found something interesting. Then my phone vibrated on the coffee table in front of me.

Mikerowave: can't make it tonight, Irene and I are going on a date xx

Of course. I groaned and shouted into the pillow I was laying on. My life was slowly crumbling apart and I was just sitting here letting it happen.
I stood up from the couch and ran upstairs to get myself ready. I was going to the beach alone to clear my head. Michael never liked me going alone because of 'creeps' but i so needed to get out of my house and onto the sandy beach.
I picked out some shorts along with a long black t shirt. I always threw a hat on top of my flag dull hair. Maybe this is why guys never liked talking to me, I hardly cared how I looked. Appearances weren't exactly my thing, neither was conversation.
I grabbed my skateboard from underneath my bed and ran outside. I quickly hoped onto the board and began my journey to the beach.
I'd always loved to skate. When I was five, my dad taught me how to and even bought me an expensive board. He was never the type to enforce the "protective gear". He even told me if I don't get hurt during the process I'm doing it wrong. I stuck with it since.
As I reached closer to the beach, I could feel the cool breezy air and the smell of the ocean water. The sound of the waves crashing and the birds chirping were distant but peaceful. I loved coming to the beach to just clear my mind.
I skated along the pavement near the ocean. I loved the feeling of feeling free and having the wind hit my face and my long hair.
The water looked a perfect shade of blue which made me want to get closer and enjoy the view. I hoped off my skateboard and walked across the sand.
By now the sun had set and the moonlight was radiating off the ocean. It was a beautiful sight, so relaxing and soothing.
Until, "Leah?" No, no, no.
I turned my head around and met eyes with the familiar blue ones. "Luke," I spoke, "what do you want?"
He placed himself next to me and sighed, "I'm sorry about not calling you. I know you're upset," he began. "Can I just explain?"
"I'm not really in the mood to hear some shitty excuse."
"Please, Leah, I owe you an explanation and an apology for that night," he begged, but I didn't want to hear it.
I ran a hand through my long hair wanting so badly to get away from him. "We had sex, I left you my number, and you never called. What possible explanation could make me change how much of an asshole you are?"
He scratched the back of his neck and scrunched his nose, "let me drive you home and I'll tell you, please?"
I knew I shouldn't but I wanted to hear Luke's side of the story. Maybe there was much more than an asshole who didn't call me after sex? Maybe it was serious? Who knows. I surely wouldn't if I didn't take his offer.
I agreed to his offer. He led me back to his car the same way he did when he led me through he house the night of the party. It sent chills down my spine to even remember that night.
We reached his car and he opened the door for me the shut it closed once I was inside. He jogged to his side of the car and quickly got inside. "So what's this excuse then?"

A/n okay I know I said I'd update like on Monday but I was busy packing and stuff because I'm in Los Angeles and yeah. I probably will try to update while on this trip, I might not who knows.
Anyways, hope whoever reads this enjoys it so far. It'll get better but I didn't just want to leave this story without explanation as to why I didn't update. Okay I'm rambling, xx