1.6

Chapter 16

a/n get ready for ash

Leah's POV

The wait in the principal's office felt longer than waiting for Christmas has a child. The only thing that made it worse was that she was talking to our parents, and knowing my mom she would be possibly be furious. It would be the first time in her life she'd have to go through speaking with a principal about horrible behavior.

"Leah," the principal opened her door and called me in. I swallowed the lump in my throat, not ready to be greeted by my mom. I couldn't imagine what she'd do, but I was hoping she'd be lenient.

My heart raced at the thought of seeing my mother's green eyes and dirty blonde curls with her nurse uniform sitting in the office. I think it increased when I realized it wasn't my mother's green eyes or curls. No, instead they belonged to a boy with green eyes and a red bandanna tied around his head. 

"Have a seat Mrs. Irwin," the principal demanded, not very pleased with me. I took a seat ignoring the fact that Ashton was smirking his ass off next to me. My eyes widened, mouth shaped like O, and for the first time in weeks I felt happier than ever.

"Mr. Irwin," she called to his attention, Ash facing her way, "We had originally called your mother but since she cannot be here, we'll discuss Leah's unacceptable behavior today."

"Leah was caught in the middle of a fight with Amber Henson. We asked Amber what had happened and she swore to me that you started the fight, but we'd like to hear your side of the story."

I rolled my eyes. Of course Amber pinned it on me. "That's not what happened! Amber was being unusually rude today. I kept my mouth shut for as long as I could until she brought in my little sister and it drove me off the roof, but I didn't start that fight."

She sighed, removing the glasses on her face and intertwining her hands together. "That's what I thought happened. We had a three students that witnessed the fight say she actually shoved you into lockers and slapped your before anything else happened. Considering you've never had any problems that landed you here, you are officially off the hook, but the next time this happens you'll spend a month in detention."

"Oh, thank god. Thank you so much Principal Avery!" Ashton and I stood up and thanked her again before exiting the room.

It wasn't until we were in the hall that I punched him in the shoulder, "What are you doing home!?"

He grabbed onto his shoulder, "First of all, OW! Secondly, I'll explain this when we see mom and Emily. Lastly, where's my hug loser?" Rolling my eyes, I wrapped my arms around my big brothers neck. All the stress I suddenly had leaving my body.

If there was one thing I learned in my entire life, it's that I cannot function properly without my big brother. I knew that at some point I'd have to let him go, but when he's the only male figure in your life that was raising you with good morals it's hard to say goodbye. I didn't need my 'father', I had Ashton to look up to.

I let go of him in deep realization of something, "Does mom know about the fight?!"

He giggled, and of course his girly giggle hasn't changed. "No, I got home in time to answer the phone call from the school. You're off the hook, but first tell me what the hell happened."

And so I did. I avoided all calls from Michael and Calum so I could enjoy the car ride with my big brother and inform him on everything that's happened this year. I failed to inform him that I'd been sleeping around with Luke because he'd kill me, and I also didn't bring up Luke's name. They knew each other since before Ash graduated and I certainly didn't need him hunting down Luke because knowing him he'd do it.

"Why did she call Emily a whore?" He furrowed his eyebrows as his grasp on the steering wheel tightened.

It was Ashton's worst nightmare that we end up becoming one of those girls at parties that every guy look for because she's easy. Emily had attended a fair amount of parties since the summer but I had no clue as to what she did with boy or what didn't do. Nevertheless, I knew Emily was in major shit when she would notice Ash was home.

I avoided eye contact with Ashton because quite frankly, he could tell when someone was lying. "I-uh, I'm not sure."

"You're lying," fuck. "You never look at me straight in the eyes and you're voice gets high pitched. What has Emily been doing?"

Closing my eyes and leaning my head on the window, I let out a deep breath. "From what I know of, nothing. But Ashton, she's been going out to parties a lot lately. Mom never seems to notice she's not home because she's picked up extra shifts at work and Emily never seems to be home anymore."

He gave me an apologetic look before patting my head with his free hand. If there was anything he could tell you about me, it was that I cherished family more than anything. He knew I took it personal if the family was falling apart while Emily could care less and my mom wouldn't notice.

"Well I'm not letting this family split apart. Em is going to be home starting today and Mom will be home more often," he grinned. "I'm home now. Everything is going to okay now."

His words reassured me and I suddenly felt at ease. I can actually start feeling comfortable being home and even more now that Ashton was home.

a/n okay double update and mainly because it's 5 in the morning where i live and i'm not tired and i thought "what perfect time to write a chapter."

i realize it's a filler, but if i only make long good chapters this book would have already ended, so. Fillers it is. okay but all seriousness, things are going a little too good right now so don't get used to this. DUN DUN DUN.

but my plan is like woah everyone will probably hate me and it will become a typical wattpad story, but then again it's wattpad so i can do whatever i want ya feel me.

okay i'm weird at 5 a.m, stay in school unless you have a band and you're sure you're going to get famous. in this case, if you are going to get famous, don't forget about me and help me marry michael once you're famous, okay

xx