Prologue

Prologue

I'd been sitting at the kitchen island drinking my 6th drink of the night. My sister, Emily, warned me how strong Vodka was by itself, but oddly enough it tasted so good with the pain I had brought. A group of people came in getting ready to play games, so I decided to use it as an excuse to take the rest of the vodka bottle and walk outside on the patio.

My first steps were funny and weird, wobbly as well. I didn't expect myself to giggle so much since I had always been so quiet. Alcohol does wonders. After my first steps I got used to walking and took a swig out of the vodka bottle while escorting myself out of the house.

The patio was lonely and quiet, so much better than inside. I sat myself on the steps all while laughing because of how stupid drunk I was. The good thing about being alone was that no one was there to witness how ridiculous you are while drunk.

"Too much of that will make you sick, Leah," I heard an unfamiliar voice. A boy. The worst part was that it sent chills down my spine when he said my name

I turned my head around and met eyes with a familiar pair of blue eyes and tall skinny legs. Luke. "Why do you care?" I turned back around and took a rather large sip from the bottle.

"I don't want you to hurt yourself," he mumbled, setting himself next to me. "Give me that," he took the bottle away, "You've drunken almost the whole thing! Who's supposed to take care of you?"

I raised my hand up to my shoulder and giggled, "You don't have to act like you care, Luke." I grabbed the bottle back and drank more than I should have. I was quiet proud of myself for not acting stupid and making a fool of myself.

He scoffed, "I'm not pretending, I do care."

"Why?" I asked rudely, furrowing my eyebrows, "You're the most popular guy in school, you don't have time to care about losers like me." I brought my head to my knees and tapped my feet together wanting so badly to get away from him. He was amazingly cute, but he didn't care about me.

He brought his hands to the sides of my face and brought me up for a kiss. It didn't help that this was my first kiss, ever.

"Why would you do that?" I asked, breaking off the amazing kiss.

"Because you are beautiful Leah, someone like you deserves to feel like a princess," he admitted. For the first in forever, I felt noticed.

I began to think that was a little too much to be real, "Maybe you're just drunk."

"Maybe, but at least I know now that you're better than those sluts I've dated," he began to giggle, indicating that he was drunk.

"You might say this now, but you don't want to be seen with someone like me Luke."

He smashed his lips to mine again, only this time everything felt different. Meaningful maybe, like he was telling the truth. He rested his forehead on mine and whispered, "Let's go somewhere quiet?" My drunk self decided to agree but I knew I should've said no. Something inside only told me he wanted me for sex, but at this drunken state I didn't care.

Luke held me from behind with his hands on my sides while he led me through the house. Everyone was drunk and completely distracted which was great. The last thing I needed was someone spotting us out. Luke would probably get so much shit for even speaking to me.

We reached the top of the house and entered an unknown room. It was quieter in the room but you could hear the loud music from downstairs. I sat at the edge of the bed, not exactly knowing what to do.

Luke began to take off his shirt and his pants, leaving me speechless at his body. His legs really were long. He was pale, but probably not has pale as Edward Cullen. Why was I even thinking of Twilight at this moment?

He towered over me, leaning in to kiss me. His hand firmly grasped to the back of my head as he began to push me gently onto the bed that was underneath us. My heart began to race at the thought of him even being half naked on top of me.

Our kiss was broken off by him taking off my shirt and shorts. It began to scare me that this party was starting to be my first at everything. My first party, my first drink, my first conversation with a boy, my first kiss, my first time.

I had been thinking too much about sex that I didn't even notice Luke and I were completely naked. His lips touched my neck where he left sloppy kisses.

"Are you okay to do this?" he whispered, sending me chills down my spine. I nodded, not knowing what to expect next.

Maybe I should've prepared myself for what was coming next. Luke entered in me without warning, or maybe there was warning but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

The moment felt right as he pumped in and out of me regardless of the small pain I was having. He was going slow and kissing me as he was doing so. Every moment or so he would ask if I was okay.

I think by now the alcohol wore off because I came to realization that I was having sex with Luke and I needed to make sure this was real and not a dream. Even then it was sweeter than sex, he wasn't rushing anything and he was making sure I was okay. He made me feel safer than I ever have.

This was the first time I had ever felt anything for a boy, but I was sure he didn't feel anything towards me.

~

Two months later and I was right; Luke felt nothing for me.

a/n i apologize for deleting 'reasons' but i felt this one would be better and make more sense because the other luke book was getting out of hand and just wasn't making any sense.

anyways, i hope whoever reads this enjoys the prologue & i'll try to update this book as much as i possibly can tomorrow to get it started.

i promise it'll be worth it, just stick around? i suck at writing but i love to write fanfics.

©All Rights Reserved LurkinIrwin 2015