4.3

Chapter 43

Leah's POV

My nimble fingers traced the pattern on the lace dress that was sprawled across the Victorian couch. Nervous would be an understatement of how I was exactly feeling. I hadn't stopped trembling since last night, the anxious feeling eating away. What is supposed to be the greatest day of my life has now become the most fretful moments of my entire life.

There was a knock at my door followed by one handsome boy wearing all black who happened to be carrying my precious Aimee in his arms. He had done a wonderful job dressing her up in her white puffy dress and French braiding her hair beautifully. Ashton was going to make a great dad some day.

"How you holding up?" He asks, setting Aimee down on the couch while she played around with the flowers in her basket. "Feeling any better?"

My mind was wrapped around the idea but I couldn't quite grasp it yet. There was no knowledge of how things were going to go from now on. I was going to become a different person today because I was going to be someone else's. I was no longer just Leah, and I hadn't been for so long. I just shook my head to answer Ashton's question, a quiet sigh escaping his lips.

"Leah, I get that it's scary, but this is all you've ever dreamt about," he whispers. "You can't think about the future because there is no telling how it will go."

"I just don't want to end up like mom and dad," I whisper, my eyes glued shut to Aimee. Today was the day of the wedding and yet I was miserable. I couldn't hold any food down, or even have a conversation with anyone. The constant reminder of how my marriage could soon become a fragment of my parents' marriage only terrified me. I wanted to run and lose myself in this world but there was no place to escape.

I love Luke, but that's the thing about love, you have to trust that they'll stay no matter what. We had built up our relationship for six months prior to the wedding, and I felt like it was all collapsing. I was living in fear and trying to shut out what was really happening, but there was no ignoring it now. The day was here, the moment had arrived, and I could bring myself to walk down that aisle and marry the love of my life.

"You listen to me Leah," Ashton sat across from me, taking my hands in his. "Luke loves you, and vice versa. I have never met two people who leave each other so dearly, and there is no way in hell he'll ever stop loving you."

My eyes began to tear up but I tried so hard not to let any tears slip. "I'm terrified Ashton," I chocked.

He wrapped his arms around me, bringing me in for a tight hug. "The greatest thing in life are terrifying, but you'll be alright kid. You decide whether or not you're strong enough to face your fears." He wiped away the tears that were falling before grabbing Aimee and exiting the room.

The greatest things in life are terrifying. Luke was worth the pain for take a giant leap towards facing my fears. There was nothing left to do other than to slip into my dress and my shoes. I had two minutes to make any drastic decision, but there was nothing else I wanted more than to marry that god damn blue eyed boy.

"I'm going to marry Luke Hemmings," I whispered to myself before slipping on my white lace dress and shoes and walking out of the dressing room in the building. My bridesmaids were already waiting by the doors.

Aimee was the first one in the line since she was the flower girl, along with Calum's cousin for our ring boy who was also going to push Aimee in a wagon since she couldn't walk yet. Next was Emily and Calum, who still weren't making any developments in their frustrating love life and happened to be mine and Luke's made of honor and best man . Right behind them was Michael and a close friend of ours from the 1D tour, Jamie. Luke included a couple of his other friends has his groomsmen, and I picked a couple of girls that I became close with over the months.