0.2

Chapter 2

Luke was pulling out of the beach parking lot, possibly staying quiet to avoid my question. It was starting to irritate me so I spoke, "well?"

He took in a deep breath and exhaled, like he didn't want to tell me the reason. "After that night, my dad started seeing how distracted I was from football. He's big on sports, especially me playing and getting scholarships for this year, so he sent me away with my best friend to a football camp where all they do is sleep eat and breathe on football." It wasn't a bad explanation actually, it made more sense than what I thought lies would sound like.

"It sounds stupid, I know, but my dad is really pressuring me into the sport and it sucks," he continued. "Anyways, that's why I didn't get to call you at all and I barely got back last night. I meant to call Leah, before I left, but I was so confused."

"It's fine, really," I didn't want him to continue on about why he didn't call or even remind me that he didn't call. The real reason had come out but it made me sound like a loser.

There was a long silence between us for a while. I didn't even realize that Luke was just driving around because he actually didn't know my address, but being the shy person I was, I didn't want to speak until he asked.

The words that came out next weren't exactly the ones I thought he'd ever say to me, "I'd like to be friends with you, Leah. You seem pretty fun to hang out with." His smile was almost as perfect as the last time I saw it from the night at the party.

I wasn't used to talking to someone unless I was 1. Mad or 2. It was Michael. So I didn't know to respond to being friends with Luke Hemmings, the boy who was good at almost every subject and was good at sports. The boy who had more girlfriends than I had fingers and toes, or maybe that was just a rumor. Either way, I couldn't even respond to being friends with him, so how I was supposed to talk to him as 'friends'.

"Sure," was all I said and he flashed a grin.

The rest of the car ride was awkward and unpleasant. The only words we spoke were the directions to my house. We pulled into the empty driveway and I got down with all my stuff, thanking him for the ride and explanation.

"I'll see you at school on Monday," he promised and then drove off.

School. I had forgotten about that. I'd been dreading it for the whole summer. At least it was my final year and maybe if I was friends with Luke, people could stop picking on me. You'd think after 3 years they'd stop, but they actually find a way to continue.

a/n yippie, this sucks, but I'm finally home from my trip and trying to avoid so much stress from finding a job and shit so I updated. And it was sucky, I know. It's all fillers for now, till the good stuff.

Anyways, so Michael burned his hair and I cried, I cried so much because I'm a Michael girl and I was so worried about my kitten, but he's fine and people are making jokes but I refuse to take part in that. Also, I'm going to see 5sos in less than 53 days and I'm excited :D