3.8

Chapter 38

Leah's POV

After several minutes of fighting the sleep, Aimee finally fell asleep. She'd been fighting it and all I needed was for her to sleep so I could cry my heart out in peace without having to worry about her. I know she'll have no memory about her infant years but I didn't want her to be around while I'm breaking down.

And it didn't take very long after she fell asleep for me to break down in the middle of the hotel room. How stupid was I to be on tour with Luke and then this news spreads? It was a terrible idea when I knew Luke would never be with me. We weren't a thing back then, so why would we be a thing now?

Luke called me several times about an hour after I left the venue. Of course there was pictures of me getting into the car with Aimee and many fans were spreading rumors that I left the tour. Truth is I didn't know what to do.

I couldn't just get on a plane and leave, not with Aimee. There was no way in hell I could get home in a plane with a newborn, I don't even know if that's allowed. The drive home would take at least a day but it wasn't like I had a car to drive home either. I was stuck and had no where to go except the hotel.

The media had gotten news about what was happening so now they were all over the hotel waiting for the boys to get back from the concert. No one knew where I was and it felt so good to be alone and out of sight.

I just needed some time to think about everything. I couldn't just sit here and cry my eyes out all night. I needed plans and ideas on what to do because it wasn't just about me anymore, it was about Aimee too. As much as the news about Luke hurt me, I couldn't keep her away from her dad just because of some skank. She needed to be with him and I needed to except that I can't be with him. Luke was moving on and I needed to move on too.

The door quickly swung open and a blonde appeared into the room, quickly shutting it as soon as he got inside. "Are you okay?! You texted me and I didn't know what to say so-"

I chuckled, wiping away my tears. "I'm okay, but would be okay if Aimee and I crashed here tonight?" I ask him, walking over to Aimee's 'portable' crib—not really portable because it's still a hassle to build and take down every god damn day we leave the hotel—and make sure she's still sleeping and doing okay. "No one knows that I'm here and I just need the night to myself."

He lightly smiles and nods before rubbing the back of his head, "Of course you guys can stay here. You know I love Aimee."

"So you're saying you only love my daughter," I joke, fake pouting. "I see how it is Niall."

"I love you too Leah," he jokes, walking away into the bathroom before I can even respond. Even if he was just being sarcastic, something about that I love you sent chills down my spine. I haven't had someone tell me they love me in a really long time.

I sigh and sit on the only bed in the room and quickly think how the hell are we going to sleep tonight? If anything I can always sleep on the little couch they have or go down to the tour bus late at night with Aimee. I didn't want to be a bother to Niall, especially when they've got another concert in this city tomorrow.

The night was still young and I still had time to think about what I'd do in a few hours, so I lay down and repeat today's events in my head. Maybe this was why Luke was acting weird earlier. Was he expecting for the media to be on his ass about it? Did he know I would find out through twitter? What the hell was he thinking?

Even if Luke and I weren't together, there was no reason for him to meet up a new girl. We just finished telling their fandom about Aimee and now this new girl. At least the news about this mystery girl was making the fandom like me and backing me up. I saw a couple of tweets of fans who were tweeting Luke very harsh things but I still laughed because what he did to Aimee and I was way worse.

My phone began to vibrate in my hands and the first person I thought who would be calling was Luke, but it wasn't. Nope instead a picture of a red haired derp face pops up with the song 'milkshake' playing. I still don't know why Michael picked that song, but it's pretty catchy.

I hesitate to pick up, but I know he's probably worried for mine and Aimee's sake. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I answer, hoping he won't be too mad but I know he already is.

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you? Where the fuck are you Leah? Stop running away from your problems!" He scolds. I could hear Ashton in the back telling him to hang up and leave me alone. Exactly why I like Ashton more than Michael, not just because he's my brother, but he knows I'm not in any danger and I need my space.

"Michael, you don't understand," I begin, but he cuts me off.

"I understand that you're leaving the tour because Luke is dating another girl," wow well that stung. So he is dating another girl. "Have you even talked to Luke? You're just believing rumors, but you know what I'm not going to intervene between you guys. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. My patience was wearing thin now with all these rumors or whatever the hell it was. Aimee and I didn't deserve this, we just wanted Luke to be apart of our lives, but he's starting to stray away from us.

"Where are you? I'll go get you and you can stay on the tour with us," his voice is calmer now.

"I'm staying under the radar for tonight, but thank you Mikey," and with that I hang up despite his tantrum about needing to come back to the hotel. If only he knew.

Niall walks out now, wearing sweat pants and a black hoodie. He throws himself onto the bed and deeply sighs. "It's so good to lay down."

"You guys have been touring for so long, I can't imagine how tired you all must really be." Every since one direction became a thing, I haven't noticed them take a break, like, ever. I wasn't exactly a huge fan like most girls, but I did follow up on general things such as album or song releases. Such a weird thing that I used to like them and now I get to be friends with them.

"You get used to it," he shrugs, placing a pillow underneath his head. "I heard what happened. Are you okay?" He intertwines our fingers together. If this were any other moment, I'd swear he was hitting on me but our laced fingers provided so much comfort that I had been lacking lately.

Nodding, I look down at my lap holding back any tears. "I feel so stupid for even coming on the tour."

"Don't be. We're all happy you're here even if Luke is being an ass hat. He's my mate and all but he fucked up. He's traded in a beautiful girl for a trashy one. Hell I'd kill to make you my girlfriend," he chuckles. "But you belong with Luke."

"Yeah, well," I chuckle, "I don't think he wants me to be with me, so I should probably start figuring out a way to get home and back to my normal life."

"I've got an idea," our laced hands are now free from each others and he begins pacing around the room. "Let's say we make Luke jealous-"

I stifle a laugh but hold it back because I don't want to wake up Aimee. "He'd never get jealous!"

"Oh please," Niall rolls his eyes. "I see the way he glares at me or Harry or Louis when we hold Aimee or when we're around you. We all notice how much he hates us being around you alone."

This information was all new to me. Since when did Luke get jealous? He had a girlfriend now so why did he need to get jealous? "What's your plan Horan?"

"We can pretend date and make him totally jealous!" He shouts, a giant smirk plastered on his face. He then remembers Aimee is sleeping and mouths a sorry.

I contemplate the idea for a while. Fake dating Niall just to get Luke jealous? Sounds like what Calum and I did back then and it didn't go so well. In fact it only soiled our friendship because Cal and I haven't really spoken since. All I know is he's head over heals for Emily but they're not speaking either. Fame has really changed all four of them.

"Or we don't have to fake date," he adds. "If Luke doesn't get jealous, fine. That's his loss, but I want to be the one who wins you over."

a/n okay Niall what the hell. Honestly this wasn't my idea it just happened and I rolled with it. Maybe this should be a Niall story. Lol just kidding. Or Am I.

This was terrible and I apologize.