1.0

Chapter 10

Leah's POV

My phone began to buzz underneath my pillow where I always kept it. I peeked to press the answer button, not wanted to keep my eyes open any longer to check who it was.

"Hello?" I answered tiredly.

"Hey," Luke mumbled into the phone, "I'm sorry about earlier."

"Luke, it's like 3 in the morning."

He clears his throat before speaking, "I couldn't sleep without apologizing. I didn't meant to run off like that, I freaked out."

I giggled, "Luke it's okay. We're just friends, agree?" Even though I wanted to be more than friends, but that couldn't happen. If friends meant having Luke in my life then friends it was.

"Agree," he sighed in relief. "I think I can sleep now."

"Well I can't, I'm wide awake thanks to you Lucas," I joke.

"I got an idea!" He whisper shouts, although I don't know why, I'm pretty sure his family wasn't back in yet.

"Shoot."

He clears his throat and speaks a little louder, "Be ready in fifteen, I'll meet you outside your window." He hangs up leaving me dumbfounded. Well okay then.

I jump out of bed and change from pj's to my casual clothes. It was pretty cold outside considering it was 3 in the morning, so I decide to wear a black hoodie and black skinny jeans along with my converse.

Soon enough, there's a knock on my window. I open the curtains and an unexpected Calum smiles at me. "What the fuck?" I laugh. I slide the window open and begin crawling out. "I was expecting a tall blonde, not an Asian."

He blankly stared at me before speaking, "He didn't want to climb the tree because pretty boy didn't want to get hurt."

"This reminds me so much of Shrek," I joke.

"Why?" He laughs.

"Because Lord Farquaad demands Shrek to save Fiona and still tries to take full credit for it," I explain.

"But you're not princess, Leah," he jokes, which earned him a straight punch to the shoulder. "Ow!"

"Let's go, cry baby."

We quickly climb down the tree and soon enough I'm met with my blue eyes. "Lucas!" I jump at him and we hug for an eternity. He take me in his arms and I wrap my legs around him while he spins me.

"Okay, we get it, you're madly in love. Now can we please go?" Calum groans.

"Where are we going?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

They both look at each other and giggle. "Let's just go." Luke tugs my arm and we all hop into his car. I'm in the front this time after spending a minute arguing with Calum and using the whole "you're not princess" comment to win.

The drive felt like endless hours of the two boys singing to Green day. I would be lying if I said they didn't have good voices. They were amazing singers, who knew.

I don't exactly know where we're going, but wherever we were, it seemed beautiful. I've never been to many places around here, just the beach, school, and whatever shops were around my neighborhood.

"What is this place?" I ask quietly, hoping one of the boys heard me.

Calum laughs hysterically, "Are you serious Leah? You don't know where we are?"

I shake my head, giving him an evil stare. Luke giggles, "Its downtown L.A, how have you never been here?"

I shrug looking outside the window at the beautiful tall building surrounding me. "Isn't it a little dangerous to be coming to downtown this late? I heard it was full of homeless people and-"

"Which is why we are casually strolling through it," Calum states. "It's more dangerous if we step out the car."

"Well," I begin, rolling down the window, "Then I guess it's okay for me to do this." I take my seatbelt off and stick half my body out the window. The wind running through my hair, hitting my face, it felt relieving for some reason.

Calum kept yelling at me to get back inside the car but I argued that he said it was only dangerous if I stepped foot outside the car.

"Leah Cornelia Judith Johnson," Calum yelled, making up a fake name for me, "You get back inside the car this instant." I felt a pair of hands pulling me back inside the car.

"I hate you," I scold Calum for ruining my moment. "And my name isn't Leah Cornelia Judith Johnson, Calum Thomas Hood."

"Girls please, you're both pretty, now stop," Luke cut in.

We all stayed quiet and enjoyed the music that was playing in the car while we drove around the beautiful buildings. I felt like I little kid who had been visiting Disneyland for the first time in their lives. I'd probably be more excited to go to Disneyland since I'd never been to an amusement park, but this was the second best thing.

"Did you know that I've never been to Disneyland?" I question to no one in particular. The boys shrieked and gasped all at the same time and began to question why. "We never had enough money for it," I shrug.

"It is pretty expensive," Calum states, "I tried taking a girl there for our first date, but it cost so much money, so I took her to the park instead."

I began laughing, "That's the worst thing you could possibly do! Unless you have a picnic planned."

"Maybe that's why I didn't get a second date," he shrugs.

Luke begins to drive me back, saying that he was tired and he needed to get some sleep. Apparently, he was spending the night with Calum.

Calum had fallen asleep in the back seat, which just left Luke and me for the long drive back home.

"Leah, listen," he mumbled careful not to wake up Calum. "I need you to leave your window open tonight, okay?"

I furrow my eyebrows, "Okay?"

"Just do it, you'll see tomorrow," he explains.

The rest of the drive home was completely quiet and awkward. Luke had been acting completely weird. Not a bad weird, just not his usual self. I climbed back into my room, leaving the window open like Luke instructed, and checked the time. 5:30. Oh boy.

a/n okay this was shitty and short and just a filler. k bye.