4.0

Chapter 40

Leah's POV

All I wanted to do was slap Luke across the face for hurting me. I'm madly in love with him but he doesn't seem to care because he's seeing other girls. But this isn't just about me anymore. Anything Luke does won't just affect it, it'll affect Aimee too. How am I supposed to explain to her when she gets older that Luke and I aren't together because he never liked me in the first place?

"Well go on," I urge Luke, sitting on a chair now so I won't slap him.

He sighs, sitting at the edge of the bed, running a hand through his hair. "Leah, that picture wasn't what it seems like. Everyone is blowing this out of proportion."

"It looks like you were holding hands with another girl Luke," I shout, forgetting that Aimee was sleeping.

"No, no! Arzalyea is an old friend that I met during the tour. She was secretly dating Harry for a while, but she wanted to meet up and discuss something," he explains, tugging at his lip piercing.

"What 'things' Luke?"

"Well for starters, she wanted to know about Aimee, and then she asked about Harry and how he was. Nothing happened between us, I swear to you Leah."

"It's not like I care anyways, we're not together," I mumbled, leaning back on the chair. Why should I even be getting mad over this? Luke can date whoever he wants because he's not mine.

"Leah, believe it or not, I care about you and-"

"No Luke, you don't. You haven't said one thing about Aimee to your fans, you don't try to stop the rumors, you don't care about us."

He shakes his head, his hand tugging at his hair, "That's not true, Leah. I was going to make it up to you until the picture came out! Please, I truly do love you-"

"What did you just say?" I gasp, taken a back by what he said. Did he just say he loves me? No there's no way in hell he loves me. Even if I know the truth behind the picture now, there's no way in hell Luke loves me. Right?

"I said I love you," he repeats, his blue eyes looking right into mine. "You don't have to believe me, but can you just give me one more chance. If not for me, for Aimee. I love you both very much and I'm not ready to let this go."

I contemplate for a while whether or not giving Luke another chance is what's best for us. He's been in and out of my life, it's probably not even healthy for us to be trying this again. We have a daughter together and I feel like I barely know Luke at all. We haven't had a healthy relationship since the start, so how is this going to be any different?

But then I begin to think, do I truly want to start dating other people? My heart belongs to Luke no matter how much I hate to admit it. Even when I try to forget about him, he somehow manages to steal my heart again. I can't help but fall more and more for him every time I look at him. Not to mention how adorable he looks when he's holding Aimee, or playing with her.

Taking another chance wouldn't just be for my happiness, for Aimee's too. She deserves to have her father around.

Finally giving in and letting go of a deep breath, I nod, "One more chance. If you mess up, I'm gone Luke." He doesn't even hesitate to grab me from the chair and hug the shit out of me.

"You won't regret this," He mumbles, kissing my forehead over and over again. "And Leah?"

"Yeah?"

"I really do love you."

a/n yeah this was short and crappy. I wasn't planning on even updating and just posting this short authors note, but i decided against it and post something anyways.

I haven't really been in the best mood if I'm being completely honest. I've just been feeling like major shit about myself and I need a break from this. I'm sure it won't be that long, depending how long it takes me to get better.

I enjoy writing, I really do. I just think I need some time for myself and learn how to handle this voice in my head that's telling me I'm not good enough for anything.

Anyways, everyone stay safe xx