0.9

Chapter 9

Leah's POV

Calum and I sat in silence at our usual spot for lunch. Luke didn't show up to school, according to Calum he was sick and vomiting but it wasn't serious. Either way, I texted him to ask if he was okay and needed anything. I didn't mind skating to his house to drop off whatever he needed if it meant seeing him.

"What kind of soup does Luke like?" I break the silence. If anyone would know Luke, it'd be Calum. They were practically born from the same womb.

He chuckled, "Why are you going to buy him soup? He's fine." I nodded and bit my sandwich, but I could feel him smirking. "You like him."

"I do not," I defend. Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. But I can't trust Calum since he was the one who told me Luke told him about that night at the party.

"You do! You're blushing!" He points out. "Leah I won't tell him. Boy scouts honor." He raises his hand up.

I hit his shoulder, "You definitely weren't in the boy scouts, and I can't trust you."

He acts as if I'd hurt his feeling and lays a hand over his heart. "I am hurt by that." We sit in silence while he bites his sandwich. "But seriously, Leah, you can see it all over your face."

"See what?"

"The little glimmer in your eyes that you get whenever Luke's around, the way you smile and blush whenever he says something stupid, and let's not forget how touchy you guys get. If you did this in his room, you'd be having sex." I don't he realize what he had said and automatically began apologizing. "Leah, I didn't mean-"

"It's fine, Calum. That night was a mistake, and I regret it," I mumble.

He sighs, "It was not a mistake. I'm glad you two hooked up. If it wasn't for you, Luke wouldn't have his priorities straight."

"Elaborate," I gesture, throwing a few chips into my mouth, suddenly interested in the conversation.

"Well," he begins, nervously fiddling with his hands, "He partied a lot. And yes even though you were his first, he would hook up with many girls. The typical make out till one of them throws up from too much alcohol. He took his parents for granted. Leah, you're the best damn thing that happened to Luke, even if you guys were too drunk to even know what you were doing. Even if you're not together now. He changed his way, and I don't know exactly what made him change because he won't tell me. He just said he feels bad but no one knows for sure."

"It wasn't just sex, Calum," I inform. He looks up at me with his big brown eyes. "I've never been close to it before that night, but I know it's not like the typical hook ups. It was different, slow, and passionate. Every kiss was gentle and we didn't rush anything. He made sure I wasn't feeling uncomfortable. Calum it was-"

"Holy shit," he mumbles. "Leah, I have to go." He stands up, picking up after himself and running down the hall.

I sigh, well I don't think I'll be seeing him next period. I don't even know why he left. I was flat line in the middle of expressing my feelings to him about that night, and he just bails. I don't blame him though, maybe I should keep this private.

The day drags on, even though I only had two classes after my lunch. Michael agreed to pick me up from school. We hadn't been seeing much of each other lately since he began dating. Apparently there was more than one, and he was still trying to decide which one would make him happier. God damn these men never learn.

"Hey Mikey," I greet as I get into his car. I'm greeted by a freshly dyed hair Michael. "I like your hair, Elmo."

"Shut up," he defends. "I needed a change."