2.0

Chapter 20

Leah's POV

"So he asked you out as a joke, yet you're still casually dating him?" Ashton furrowed his eyebrows as he put away the cereal on the highest shelf in the pantry. Perks of having a tall brother, you won't need a step stool for the highest spots in the house.

I shrugged, scribbling down some notes into my notebook. I actually have a lot of homework to catch up on since I decided to skip so much school. "You can say that."

He furrowed his eyebrows and sat beside me on the kitchen table. "I forgot what it was like to be a complicated teenager." Chuckling, he snuck out a cigarette box from his sweater pocket, slid one out, and stuck it between his lips.

"Please tell me you got inspired by The Fault In Our Stars and it's a metaphor," I groaned as we lit the cig and puffed out smoke. "I regret ever wanting you home."

"You love me," he grinned, continuing to smoke the deadly white stick. Rolling my eyes, I began to gather my things and shove them into my backpack. "Where do you think you're going? You're still grounded and mum agreed with me."

"I think she'd lift my grounding once I tell her about your new deadly habit that you've picked up," I could feel the giant grin making it's way to my face as his dropped into a frown. "That's what I thought."

"Fine," he groaned, running a hand through his hair, "Can you at least tell me where the hell you're going? I'm still in charge of you."

Contemplating on whether or not I should tell him if I should go, I crossed my arms and tapped my foot on the wood tiled floors. Of course I was going to tell him, in case I went missing or dead, I just liked irritating him. After a few seconds, I could see the annoyance in his face as he continued to let out smoke. "Cal is taking me on a date."

Quickly, I sped up the stairs trying to avoid the millions of questions that Ash will be asking me. My plan was to get up the stairs, cartwheel into my room and lock the door behind me, but I failed miserably when I cartwheeled right into the wall and fell onto the floor.

"A date?! I thought this was a joke for sure!" Ash yelled, helping me off the ground.

I dusted myself off, laughing at myself for failing my plans. "Ashton, chill the fuck out. You're like an overprotective ex boyfriend that won't leave me alone."

He scrunched up his nose and faked a gagging sound, "You're my little sister, don't ever say I remind you of an ex boyfriend." I laughed terribly loud while Ashton groaned and whined. "Why did I come home to my weird sister?"

"You love me," I stuck my tongue out, walking into my room and shutting it behind me. Whispering to my self, "Now to get ready for this date," I looked into my closet. What the hell do I wear?

~

My date was supposed to be a picnic at a park and a moonlight stroll after, but of course Ashton and Michael had to ruin everything. Mikey isn't even my brother yet he acts exactly the same way Ash does.

I hadn't spent too much time making myself look decent. A simple flannel with black skinnies would have sufficed, until the two idiots I call family decided to whip out their instruments in the garage and distract Calum.

So now it was an hour into my date, and the three idiots were jamming out to green day songs. They all apparently had the same taste in music, fucking wonderful.

"We should start a band," Michael shrieked, clapping his hands together. "We could be huge!"

"Not if I kill you first," I mumbled, flipping him off.

"Leah!" Ashton scolded. He never did like when I cursed, but he hardly scolded me for it. "Language! We have guests!"

"You mean I had guests, a date, that you stole!" I groaned, sitting up from my spot, grabbing my skateboard, and walking out the garage. I hoped on the deck, skating away from home faster than ever.

At first I felt bad that I had left Cal there, but he would do fine with the two idiots. I just about had enough with people today, especially Ashton. He was my brother and I loved him, but dear lord the guy is insanely strict. I forgot what it was like to have him home.

Maybe it was never like this because I never dated. Usually he was always boy protective with Emily because she was the prettier one and I just had bullying issues, so not much to worry here. But now that I was dating, he was rather harsh and disrespectful. I sort of feel bad for Em now.

After skating for about an hour or so, the sun was beginning to set leaving the perfect colors that faded from yellow, orange, pink, purple, and blue in the sky. This time I didn't go to the beach because the last time I did Luke was there and I needed no confrontation with him right now.

I had gone to a skate park that had closed down a while back for god knows what reason. Michael and I always climbed the fence and skated for the thrill of doing the "wrong" thing. We got arrested once when we were younger, those were fun times.

Climbing over the fence, I threw the carefully threw the board down on the bed of dirt below then threw myself off landing on my feet. I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body. I hadn't been here since we got arrested, I surely felt alive at this moment.

I needed to get so much off my mind. From Luke to Ashton to Calum. As much as I liked Calum, I couldn't get Luke off my mind. There was something holding me back from forgetting about him. A part of me wants to fix things between us, just as friends, while another part wants to be with him. Then there's another part that wants to leave it and move on with Cal.

Then there's the stress that Ashton is leaving on me. Every time I mention boys around him he gets into this mood where I'm sleeping with the entire school and he's disappointed in me. I had to convince him for an hour straight that Michael was not apart of my love triangle. Ugh, brothers.

The wind in my hair was soothing my more than I thought I would as I skated along the abandoned pavement. The sound of grinding rails with my board comforted me, it was like music to my ears.

Until I felt another presence around me forcing me to stop skating on the ancient skate grounds. "Ma'am, you're going to be arrested for trespassing." Fuck.

a/n short & a filler and I suck. I'm sorry. I need a build up so...

anyways, didn't update this weekend because I was voting my ass off for the vmas, halsey's album dropped, the she's kinda hot ep released, it is a wonderful time to be alive.

Forgive me for I did not update, I'll try to make it up on Tuesday during my breaks. Also forgive me that this is short and terrible. It's like 2 in the morning and I tried my hardest to give you guys an update (to whoever actually reads this)

Oh yeah! I noticed that this story is about to get like 400 or 300 views (I'm not good with numbers) but thanks to whoever reads this! You guys rock, I'm not like those big accounts with thousands of views but a couple hundred means a lot to me because I love writing these even if they aren't the best. I don't do it for likes or comments, I just like writing my ideas out there.

I highly encourage you to do the same if you want to write a story. Like I said, I'm not the best but the fact that some of you read this makes me really happy

Okay I'm ranting, OH WAIT BUT WE WON THE VMAS SUMMER SONG YAY I'M SO PROUD OF 5SOS, okay now I'm done. Pretty sure the authors note was longer than the update whoops xx

p.s i know this is a luke book, and trust me it's going to get there, i promise. 

p.s.s guys i'm serious someone become famous and mention me when they win an award because this college life is not a game i hate it. xx