0.8

Chapter 8

Leah's POV

And so we did end up waiting for me. He was leaned against the wall, taping away angrily at his phone. I walked up to him and waved while chuckling. His frown completely changed and he grinned once he saw me.

"What was that about?" I asked beginning to walk to my next class.

He rolled his eyes and slipped his phone into his pocket. "Ben texted me to make sure I'd feed his turtle while he goes away one some trip. It's about the tenth time he asks me." He wraps his arm around me shoulder. "Anyways, I was thinking that we could ditch last period and go to the beach with Calum and you can invite your friend."

I laugh, "Only I'd have to agree with ditching and my answer is no Lucas, I will not ditch with you even though the beach sounds attempting."

"Leah you'll go through life thinking, 'Why didn't I ditch that day to go to the beach with Luke Hemmings, my greatest friend in the galaxy?'" He joked. "And my name isn't Lucas."

I attempt to wrap my arm around Luke, but his tall frame makes it impossible. Instead, I rest it on his back and pat it, "I like Lucas better. I will not ditch with you, and you are not the greatest friend in the galaxy."

He scoffs, putting his hand on his chest as if it hurt him, "Has anyone ever told you how feisty you really are?"

"I try."

We're walking through the crowds of annoying high school students, most of them freshman, when we bump into Amber and her stupid posse.

She shoulder bumps me, can she act anymore childish? "Watch where you're going, bitch!" I shout, flipping her off. My brother taught me well.

She turns around and flips her perfect curls. "What did you just say to me?"

Luke grabs me by my waist in attempt to pull me away from the scene, but it doesn't work. "I said," and I begin yelling, "Watch where you're going, BITCH!"

Luke gives up on trying to push me so he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. Amber says some other things and all I do is flip her off with both hands.

"Lucas put me down," I groan.

He sets me down and hits my shoulder playfully. "You don't want to fuck with Amber."

"Oh, please, what's she gonna do? Stab me with her eye liner," we both laugh. "I can take care of myself."

He rolls his eyes and starts heading towards the door. "Where are you going?"

"I told you I'm going to ditch," he states, walking closer to the door

"Fine," I decide. God damn peer pressure by cute boys. "I'll go."

~

The weather was rather fresh than hot. We'd been sitting on the sand watching the wave's crash for about an hour, waiting for Calum to arrive. Luke thought it'd be a good idea to play 20 questions while we wait.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks, grabbing sand.

"Seriously that's the first question?" I chuckle. "Black."

"Wow, mysterious."

"What's your full name?" I knew Lucas had to be his full name, but I wasn't sure.

"Luke Robert Hemmings, not Lucas if that's what you're thinking," he reassures. Dang it. "Am I your best friend?"

"No," I answer honestly, "Michael is, but you're getting there, Lucas."