3.4

Chapter 34

Luke's POV

After telling management the news about how basically the baby is mine, they didn't take it very well. They claimed the fans wouldn't like the news and we would drop drastically because apparently I was the most "liked". But why should that matter? Why should the number of fans matter to us? We'll know who truly loves our music and not just our looks so why does any of that matter?

After explaining long and hard that if they begin to control aspect of my life, I'll leave the band before anything will get started. They took the threat serious and dropped any rules they were going to make, probably stupid ones like not telling the fans or letting this get out to the press.

That was my baby in there and I was going to parade her to the world just so everyone could know how much I love her. How much I love them. I hadn't exactly told Leah about my feelings because she had been sleeping so much lately, she looked so weak and sick. There was never a good time to just talk about everything.

Maybe she was avoiding me which was completely understandable. A part of me was a bit furious that she kept this secret for so long because who the hell does that?! Is that why Calum and Leah broke up? No of course not! Right? Had she known this whole time?! Did Calum know before I did? There was no way! No! He couldn't have possibly known.

Even if he did know before me, that wouldn't explain the fact that he fainted when Michael told us the news. He claimed that he overheard Michael say Emily—which he didn't—but after the other night's confession from Calum we all knew why he even passed out to that misunderstood news in the first place.

I hadn't left the hospital for almost two days now, not wanting to be away from my baby girl—which we hadn't named—or Leah. I found that now was a good time to talk to her since everyone was out doing god knows what and Leah was fully lucid, holding our baby in her arms.

"Leah," I mumbled careful enough not to wake our baby but loud enough so she could hear me over the small television on the wall. Her head shoots up, a smile plastered on her face. "We should talk about things."

She nods, carefully placing the baby back in the little hospital bed that they put the babies in. "What's up?"

"Well for starters we have a baby now," I begin, running a hand through my hair. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Her smile fades, crossing her arms, and sighing. "Well I didn't know till a couple days before you guys left for tour. I didn't want to tell you because you were starting a new life and a baby would've dragged you down. You don't have to be here for us, you do know that right?"

Scoffing, I cross my arms in disbelief at what she had just suggested. "I will not leave you and my precious daughter. I'm going to be here every second for the both of you. I will open up a card for the two of you so you can buy anything for the baby while I'm at tour. She is my child and I refuse to leave you to raise her by yourself."

"We aren't even together Luke," she runs a hand through her messy hair. To say that she looked like hell was an understatement. She was beautiful, obviously, but like any other new mom, she was tired and not used to the pain which only caused her skin to grow pale and her face look sicker than usual. "Why do you want to support us if we aren't dating?"

Here it goes, if I don't get this out now I'll never be able to say it. I swallow the lump in my throat that's keeping me from telling her everything, but just as I'm about to speak a nurse walks in with a chart full of papers.

"Sorry to bother but we will need both your signatures along with the baby's name. Take your time," she smiles, handing me the chart with papers before walking out.

I scan the papers carefully which asks for the mother's and father's name along with the baby's full name and last name. If Leah doesn't want me to take responsibility for the baby, I'm sure she won't give her my last name. But she's a Hemmings.

"Just hear me out, Leah," this was it. "You might not think I like you—or love actually—but there's so much more than just a baby. Maybe I could never get my feelings clear because I was afraid to fall for you, but I did and now we're here. We have a baby with no name and we've got feelings that haven't been clarified so please Leah, tell me you want to be a family with our new daughter because I don't want her to miss out on this family."

She stays silent, her eyes focused on her intertwined fingers. She doesn't move a muscle, not one inch, and hardly blinks.

"You can't say you don't feel anything for me Leah, I know you do. And you can't say you don't want this baby to have a family, a dad for crying out loud," I sob because I can't imagine being away from my baby now. "You can't keep her away from me Leah, she's mine and I'm in love with the both of you. She deserves a father and a mother who love each other very much and not to mention the rest of our little family. She'll grow up being loved by—not just me—but Ashton, Emily, Michael and Calum. Not to mention my parents and brothers. You can't keep stay away from me Leah, I am here for the both of you whether you like it or not."

Her eyes flicker from me to the baby to the TV and back to me. Her beautiful pale colored eyes scanning almost every inch of the room, including me. Her frown turns into a small smile before chuckling. "I thought I'd never hear you say those words."

"That'll be here for you?" I furrow my eyebrows, not sure what she means. Did she really think I'd leave her? Am I that much of an asshole? (a/n yes Luke)

"No," she laughs quiet enough not to wake up the baby. "That you love me. I just have a question, will the fans hate me? Because I'm dating Luke Hemmings, the guitarist of the new sensation, 5 seconds of summer!" She sarcastically jokes, laughing afterwards.

"I miss your sarcasm so much," I grab her hand, placing a kiss on it. "The fans will have to deal with our little family. You both mean too much to me to let go of."

"Another question," she chuckles, "What are we naming the her?"

I had been thinking of a name lately, but I don't work well under pressure. If I would've known ahead of time I would've came up with a beautiful name for my beautiful blue eyed baby girl. It was like being writers blocked for a song except I couldn't think of any names I would name my baby.

"I can't think of anything," I sheepishly admit, biting onto my lip hard enough to draw blood. Leah seems to notice because she playfully smacks my cheek so I can stop. "How about Rose?" She scrunches up her nose and shakes her head furiously. "Jane? Kiana? Karen? Penelope? Regina? Katy? Ana? Gretchen?"

"Seriously Luke? Gretchen, Karen, Regina, and Katy? How many times have you seen mean girls?" She jokes which I only roll my eyes at. Okay maybe I have been watching too much mean girls, but they were all pretty names, or maybe they weren't I just needed to be reminded of the movie.

"You have to admit, we can make fun of her if she had the name Gretchen. Just think about it, on Christmas day we can pass out presents and walk and say 'And none for Gretchen Wieners, Bye!' or when she gets mad, 'Gretchen Wieners had finally cracked.' Just think of all the jokes!" We both laugh simultaneously, but she still turns the name down. "Fine, what about Aimee?"

I stop at the first name seeing the smile on Leah's face illuminating the room. She nods, looking down the beautiful girl that was sleeping so peacefully. "Or how about Aimee Melissa Hemmings?"

Aimee Melissa Hemmings. My beautiful daughter finally had a name. "A perfect name for a perfect baby." The idea of having a daughter didn't exactly hit me till I heard the full name, my last name being the ending. She was mine, my own DNA, a little Hemmings.

Now all we had to do was get the word out to the fans. The real question is, how the hell are we going to do that?

a/n oooo, so they're cute finally realizing each other's feelings. Okay no this doesn't end here. There is so much more to come okay. It's not exactly over, maybe about fifteen chapters left and then this book is over, but I could be wrong. It could have more or less chapters, idk.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day xx

p.s Melissa, Luke is officially your daddy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)