2.8

Chapter 28

Leah's POV

The night was a drag, everyone banging on my door to try and pry me out, including Calum. Everyone had been standing right underneath the opening of the attic and just so happened to hear my little debacle with Luke. I didn't open the door one bit knowing the minute I did, Calum or Ashton would rush in; I just wanted to be left alone.

To be honest I didn't know what happened to me or what the hell that melt down was about but I'm glad it did. Luke was single and now trying to get me back in bed and that wasn't going to happen, not again anyways. I'm with Calum, I'm with Calum. I don't need Luke. I don't need Luke.

Who the hell am I kidding? I'll never get over Luke. Not in a million years, but we can't go on like this. He can't expect to bring me back into his life whenever he's single. We just have to stay friend for the sake of the group and their band. They seem like they're going places with their youtube channel and their small gigs. Luke and I can't be the reason we split this group apart, or at least split Luke away from all his friends.

I sit up from my bed, a little groggy since I had stayed up late last night contemplating my life choices and whatnot. The time on my clock read 9:02 which was way to early for me. My stomach began to turn and twist, vomit making it's way up my throat in which I quickly reacted and ran right out of my room and into the restroom throwing up instantly.

I didn't even realize someone was standing by the sink, which just so happened to be Luke. I quickly flush the toilet which contained my disgusting throw up and cleaned my mouth with a paper towel, disposing of it afterwards. Luke just stared at me, scared with wide eyes.

"I know you hate me, but are you alright? Do you need me to get Ashton?" He mumbles quietly, pointing outside the door. I shake my head, pushing him slightly so I can get access of the sink to brush my teeth. He moves over, leaning into the doorframe and crossing his arms. "You've been sick for a very long time, Leah, you should go see a doctor."

Wiping my mouth with a towel, I shrug. "Listen, Luke, about last night-"

"Everything you said was completely true, and I just want to apologize," he sighs, frowning just a tad. "I didn't mean to hurt you Leah."

"Yeah, well, we should just stay friends, for the sake of the band and all," I agree, extending my hand out to shake his. He accepts the offer and we shake hands, laughing lightly. "I should go find Calum." He nods, frowning slightly.

After checking the attic about five times--and almost every part of the house—I come to the conclusion that everyone—except Luke—had gotten abducted by aliens. Luke claimed they were all in the kitchen minutes before I had left my room, but now everyone was gone, including my mom.

"They probably went to get food," Luke explains. "Ashton and your mom said they were being lazy and didn't feel like making breakfast." I nod, sitting down at the island of the kitchen, gesturing for Luke to sit next to me.

He does, a little hesitant at first, but then he relaxes his shoulders and begins laughing. "What's so funny Hemmings?"

His laugh filled up the kitchen, his dimples prominent. "I still can't believe you fought Amber is all." I joined into the laugh, not keeping my eyes off Luke's dimples. I forgot what it was like to laugh along with this beautiful angel.

"In my defense, it had to be done." I was still very proud of my self for being able to kick her ass and get away with it, somewhat. There better be a trophy underneath the Christmas tree this year with the title saying 'Best Fighter to Leah Irwin in the Fight Leah vs. Amber' or I'll be really upset.

The sound of the door creaking makes Luke and I both jump, but we settled down when we hear Ashton's stupid five year old giggle.

"Do you think Leah ripped his head off?" I hear Michael question, their voices only getting louder as they get closer to the kitchen. They all pile in, every staring at Luke and I with wide eyes. "Well, I'll take that as a no."

"Did you two finally make up?" We both nod our heads, everyone cheering—Calum not included. "Let's take our McDonalds upstairs and watch movies then!"

Everyone mindlessly grabs a bag with food, Calum and I being the last ones in the kitchen.

"We should talk," he speaks, a serious look on his face.

Furrowing my eyebrows and crossing my arms, my heart begins pounding ten times fast. "What's wrong?"

He chews on his lip for a while, fiddling with hands. "I think we should break up Leah." I let out a huff a breath, closing my eyes shut. He knows. "I think you and Luke still have something going on that you both can't see, but that's okay. We were better off as friends anyways, so no hard feelings." He smiles widely, opening his arms up for a hug.

I run into him, squeezing him tightly while my head rests on his chest. "Calum Hood, you're an amazing person you know that?" He hugs back tightly, carrying my off the ground just a smidge.

"I know," he sighs, bringing me down and letting me go. "Now let's go with everyone else." Of course I felt terrible that Calum broke up with me, I know that he likes me but I can never like him back the same way he does.

Sucks doesn't it, when the one person you like won't ever feel the same way about you.

a/n okay this sucks. But it'll get better eventually. I hope.