0.4

Chapter 4

"So, let me get this straight," Michael stopped speaking to hand me my ice cream, "You went over to Luke's and met his entire family, and they basically loved you?" I nodded. "Well this can't be any kind of bet considering he brought his family into this."

I smacked him playfully with the skateboard in my hand while we both chuckled. "His mom is a sweat heart, and his brothers are hilarious."

"Just don't get in too deep, Leah. You said he only wanted to be friends, so don't try for something else." I know that I should listen to Michael, after all he is my best friend, but Luke's nicer than I thought and it was hard not to fall for him.

We ended up sitting on some table in the pier of the beach. This was our casual Saturdays, and although it was hot and we were going to get major sun burned, I liked the company of my best friend, ice cream, skating, and the ocean view.

"So how are you and your girlfriend?" I asked him while he ate his ice cream. "You haven't talked about her much."

"Well, we sort of broke up a week ago," he mumbled almost as if he didn't want me to hear him. My eyes grew bigger and he scratched the back of his neck.

"Michael Gordon Clifford," oh yeah I went there, "Why didn't you tell me?! What happened?!"

He sighed, "It's not as bad as you think, and don't full name me ever again." I rolled my eyes, urging him to continue his story. "She didn't want to date someone who doesn't want to go to college and have some career shit, so I ended it. She's so lame."

"Well I don't know Michael, maybe she just doesn't want to have a husband who's a low life," I joked. He was never into school, only for music class. I was surprised to find out he was graduating on time last year with a C average in all his classes. He said the only way he'd ever go to college was if it was a music school, and of course his parents said no so he decided never to go.

Michael was insanely talented on the guitar and he sang amazingly. I was always so jealous, maybe that's how he won the girls over.

"There's no way I'm going to school for a girl, she either loves me the way I am, or she can leave me. It's simple," he stated, scarfing down some ice cream. "I'm talking to someone else though."

This boy never had breaks. It seemed like he had a girl lined up every waking moment. We finished our ice creams and went back to skating for a little while longer. It was always a stress reliever.

The sun was starting to set down and people were exiting the beach. We both decided to stay a little longer so sit and watch the sunset.

Michael Gordon Clifford. He was the only guy I knew with reverse skunk hair. He was the only guy I knew who could play guitar insanely well. He was the only guy crazy enough to break into amusement parks in the middle of the night without getting caught. And somehow he was my only yet greatest friend in the whole galaxy. Who else can say that their best friend snuck into Disneyland in the middle of the night?

"Leah," he interrupted my thoughts.

"Michael," I copied.

"You like Luke don't you?"

I was taken aback by his question. Did I like Luke? I mean besides the whole rush of having drunk sex with him and then becoming friends in an instant, did I really have feelings for him?

"I don't know," I answered truthfully. "I thought I knew Luke before that party. I thought he always hooked up with girls at parties and all he cared about was football, and girls with big tits and his stupid football friends, but he seems so much more than just that."

"I used to be friends with Mr. Hemmings," he informed me, never once mentioning this information to me. "He was nice and shy until his dad got him into football and girls started noticing the whole blue eyes, blonde, athletic thing going on."

"So that's why you hate him!" I laughed. Michael had always hated Luke when he was in school. He always wanted to fight Luke before he graduated, but he never did.

"I just hate who he became, but with everything you tell me, it seems like if he almost wants to change back." I didn't really know what that meant. Luke had stopped hanging out with all his friends and didn't really talk to girl much. Emily told me he stopped making appearances at parties. Was he really changing?

"He only talks to this one kid, Calum," I explained. "He's sweet too, I guess."

"Calum Hood?" He chuckled, "He comes over like every Sunday to play FIFA."

"You just have another whole life besides me, don't you?" We laughed for a while.

"Calum's just not like the rest. He doesn't see things like high school because in real life you don't have labels to keep you separated from the rest. Calum doesn't see me as a music/video game geek because he is one, he just also happens to be a football player on the side," he explained. Life sounded so much better without high school in it.

"So you think maybe that's why Luke is changing?" he shrugged his shoulders and patted my back. "I hope he is."

"Me too."

a/n okay so incase any one is wondering, it's not football like American football with the super bowl, it's like soccer but I know they call it football everywhere else. And here's a Michael and Leah chapter because well just because. xx

v

j