1.2

a/n i apologize in advance. also, don't read in front of your parents. also, SHE'S KINDA HOT THOUGH. btw let's all pretend that the gif i shared is the same way he looks at leah, k bye.

Chapter 12

Leah's POV

"Leah, do you want a cheese toastie?" Michael yelled from my kitchen.

"Sure," I yelled back, picking up my from the pillow and then throwing it back on the pillow. I groaned and shifted to my side. "Mikey, can you also bring me orange juice!"

He walked into my living room setting a plate down and a cup of orange juice, "Way ahead of you," he smiled. Michael was the best.

"Thank you, Gordon," I laughed and sat up on my couch.

He groaned and rolled his eyes, "I make you a cheese toastie for you confused little heart and you turn your back on me calling me Gordon?" He places a hand over his chest acting as if it hurt him.

I chuckled, "But seriously, thank you." I sighed, "I've been feeling so confused lately." I took a bite out of the cheese toastie. Michael makes a mean cheese toastie.

"So you've been ignoring him since Disneyland?" He asked, his mouth full of food.

"Yeah," I groaned. "I don't know what to do Michael."

"Leah, he likes you," he said before reaching out for his glass of milk. Gross. "I mean the guy took you to Disneyland, bought you some stuff, and then called you beautiful underneath the fireworks!"

"No, he can't possibly like me," I sighed, shoving my face into the sandwich. "I mean we kissed once but that was-"

"Woah, woah, woah," he set his cheese toastie down, "Kissed?! When?!" He tensed up and clutched onto the arm rest.

"A couple days ago," I mumbled, knowing he was going to be mad for not telling him, "Michael it's not a big deal-" I tried to argue.

"Fuck dude, how could you not tell me this!? What if he breaks your heart again?! What if you end up sleeping with him again!?" He yells, not caring that my mom was upstairs.

"Michael, shut up," I mumble. "I'm not going to do that again, believe me."

"Good," he grabs the glass of milk and chugs the whole thing. "Just know that I'm looking out for you." I nod and continue eating.

Ever since Disneyland, I'd been avoiding Luke and his calls. He calls way too much. I hadn't been going to school either because of lack of motivation and I also didn't want to see Luke. I was so confused about that night, and maybe I was overthinking but what the hell happened to being friends? Friends don't tell each other how beautiful they are and try to be freaking Shakespeare. Michael has only complimented me about 4 times and it was something like 'leah you're pretty now shut up and let's go skating.' But that was Michael, so maybe Luke was just different. Maybe he told all his friends how beautiful they were? I'm overthinking.

My doorbell rang, and I sat up to go get it, passing in front of Michael who currently had cheese toastie stuffed down his throat.

I opened the door and inhaled deeply, my eyes widening. Tears wanted so badly to escape my eyes but I couldn't cry, not in front of him. "Dad?"

Luke's POV

"Calum, I don't know what to do," I groan, running a hand through my hair. Calum was over at my house trying to calm me down, but it wasn't working too well.

"Calm down mate, she'll be back in school before you know it," he stated, throwing a football up in the air while he laid on my bed.

"She hasn't shown up to school in 3 days and she won't return any of my texts or calls," I bite down on my lip hard, "I think I scared her off after I told her how beautiful she was."