1.5

Chapter 15

Leah's POV

Monday's are the worst day of the week. Aside from having to wake up early in the morning, I had to wake up from another night that was spent crying and screaming at the top of my lungs while smashing almost everything in my room. I didn't bother calling Michael or Calum this time, I had to face this on my own.

I had no other choice but show up to school this time because I'm a hundred percent sure I missed out on too many lessons. If it was my choice I'd be home schooled but it's not like that was even an option.

My Monday outfit consisted of a black t-shirt that was originally Michael's, black skinnies, black and white converse, and a black hat facing backwards. I grabbed my skateboard from underneath my bed and threw my backpack over my shoulder.

I took the stairs two at a time, groaning at how close I was getting to the school and I hadn't even left my house yet. As I swung the door open, I noticed a car in my drive. A familiar car. Calum.

The window rolled down revealing the dark haired boy grinning, "You didn't think I'd let you show up to school by yourself did you?" I rolled my eyes and got in his car, avoiding every possible question thrown at me.

~

We'd made a few stops on the way because he was running out of gas, needed breakfast, and forgot his phone at his house. I didn't mind much because classes didn't start till twenty minutes after we got there so he saved me time from being at school super early.

We walked into the school and I immediately walked to my locker wanting to avoid confrontation with Luke or anyone of his stupid friends. "You're not going to see him Leah."

"I just want to avoid every single one of them for today," I explained as he flashed me a small smile. "Distract me please?"

"Michael called me this morning," I shot my head up with wide eyes, "he had an excellent idea of taking you to the beach right after school, said you two would teach me to ride a skateboard. He's got other things in mind as well."

"I'm in," I agreed, feeling somewhat better.

I'd spent the weekend ignoring both boys and wanting to dwell onto the past for the most of it. I hardly ate that weekend, and I hardly slept. All I did was lay in my bed and cry so hard, my bed was soaking wet with tears still. Maybe today would be the day I actually stop crying myself to sleep and forget about Luke.

But the minute I think I'm going okay, I see his blonde quiff with Amber and the other annoying boys. They're all walking down the hall and Luke doesn't dare look our way. Instead, Amber does with the bitchiest smirk I've ever seen on her face. She knocks down the book in my hand but doesn't stop. "Bitch," she speaks, laughing afterwards.

By this point I've got everyone's attention in the hall, including Luke's. He doesn't stop though, he just looks at me. No expression in his face whatsoever.

"Fuck you Amber!" I shout, picking the book off of the ground. She doesn't turn around at all, she just flips me off until they're no longer in my sight. "You'd think he'd pick a better girl to date but instead he picks the bitchiest one."

"I'm sorry Leah." I shrug my shoulders and slam my locker shut, walking into my first period. This is going to be a long day.

~

The day consisted of being tormented by Amber and I've been good at letting her shit slide. She's done nothing but mock me and embarrass me in the few classes we had together. I just thankful I had Calum to eat lunch with, otherwise, she would've made fun of me for eating alone.

It was now the last class of the day. There were pros and cons to this class. Pros, Calum was in this class. Cons, so was Amber. I think she was actually trying to make a mockery out of me, but I had had it up to here with her rude remarks.

I was getting ready to explode, and Calum could see it. He was holding my hand, trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't working. The only thing keeping me sane was that the class was ready to end.

But of course, Amber had to open her big mouth and spoke. "Don't get me started with Leah's slutty sister, Emily. It's no wonder they're related."

It took every ounce of me not to smack her right across her stupid face with my skateboard. Then I remembered it was in my locker and I would probably be sent to jail for that, probably almost killing the bitch.

She twirled her hair which lead me to an idea. The bell rang and everyone immediately ran out the door. Amber was an exception because she throwing all her things in her designer bag.

I let go of Calum's hand, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. I stood behind Amber's desk, spitting out the gum I had in my mouth onto my hand.

"Leah, don't!" Calum yelled, trying to knock the gum out my hand, but it was too late. The chewed gum was already on Amber's hair. The sticky substance was tangled all over the right side of her long curls.

Calum grabbed my arm, dragging me out the classroom while the bitch shrieked. I couldn't help but laugh at Amber's disgusted face. I think today was the perfect day, except for Cal's tight grip around my arm.

"Let go!" I groaned.

He was obviously irritated and didn't let go of me until I was at my locker. "What the hell Leah!?"

"You heard what she said about me!" I defend, opening the red locker and grabbing my skateboard, then closing it shut.

"I didn't think you'd stick gum in her hair!"

I opened my mouth to reply but was replaced by a high pitched, "You bitch!" I turned and saw Amber with an angry face. "What the fuck!" She pushed me hard, my back hitting the lockers behind me.

There was a crowd around us already, Amber made sure that whenever something terrible happened to her everyone on planet Earth needed to see the dilemma. I didn't think much of it, and was going to shrug it off until I saw Luke standing there. Again, not much expression on his face.

"You're a psycho! You messed up my hair!" She yelled, pushing me back again. I dropped my skateboard onto the floor and my backpack as well. Her hand made its way to my face, slapping me across the face. And the crowd erupted in 'Oooh!'s.

Calum tried pushing us apart but one of the stupid football guys pulled him away. I looked at Luke expecting for him to break us apart, at least for the sake of his girlfriend, but nothing. He stood there, looking away from me.

Every string I had ever kept attached for the sake of him, had broken. Every ounce of patience I ever had for the bullshit that the popular kids threw at me was gone.

My eyes met with his blue ones, "Are you going to do anything about your bitch? Or are you just going to stand there and watch her precious ass get beaten up?" He didn't do anything except widen his eyes. "No? Well," I spoke before throwing myself on top of Amber.

She instantly fell back, shrieking and throwing bitch moves like slapping me and pulling my hair. Instead I took a good few punches to her face, one on the nose and two to her eye until I was pulled off of her by a teacher. I'm sure I left a few marks though because I had blood on my hands and I'm sure it wasn't mine.

"Principles office, now!" another teacher yelled.

a/n damn, who knew Leah had it in her. sorry for not updating in a loooong time.

i started a new book called invisible, it's a calum fanfic. if you havent already, check it out. xx