49

Jungkook's POV

A few days later.

As we sat in the meeting room at BigHit headquarters, I couldn't shake the feeling of frustration that had been building up inside me lately. Being a part of BTS was incredible, nothing could stop the feeling I felt with our small rising success and fame, but it had also taken away so much of our normalcy. With ever-growing success, came new aspects of life taken from us.

All the band members felt it but today Jimin, Taehyung, Ae Cha, and I were all in the same boat—we were still technically high school students, but our days of attending classes had ended.

Instead of attending classes with our peers, we were now confined to private tutoring sessions and had our homework and assignments brought to us here at the headquarters. It was a necessary sacrifice for the sake of our careers and safety, but it didn't make it any less difficult to deal with.

Today, as the teacher droned on about a topic that my old classmates had probably covered a week ago, I found myself distracted. My gaze kept drifting across the table to Ae Cha, who was sitting there with a focused expression, diligently taking notes.
She still clung to her same school habits.

As we sat in the meeting room at BigHit headquarters, I couldn't shake the feeling of frustration that had been building up inside me lately. Being a part of BTS had brought us incredible success and fame, but it had also taken away so much of our normalcy. Jimin, Taehyung, Ae Cha, and I were all in the same boat—we were still technically high school students, but our lives had become anything but typical.

Instead of attending classes with our peers, we were now confined to private tutoring sessions and had our homework and assignments brought to us here at the headquarters. It was a necessary sacrifice for the sake of our careers, but it didn't make it any less difficult to deal with.

Today, as the teacher droned on about a topic that my old classmates had probably covered a week ago, I found myself distracted. My gaze kept drifting across the table to Ae Cha, who was sitting there with a focused expression, diligently taking notes.
I found myself studying her features, committing every detail to memory. The curve of her lips, the way her eyelashes fluttered when she blinked, the gentle rise and fall of her chest with each breath—everything about her was mesmerizing.

I kicked myself realizing I would never be able to see her in her school uniform again.
I would kill to see her in that skirt that graced just the bare glimpse of her smooth skin. The button-up that clung to her top.

I hadn't appreciated the beauty of her a lot sooner than I should have, and in that sense, I had missed out on a lot without realizing it.

As I found myself lost in thoughts of Ae Cha, I was suddenly jolted back to reality when I felt her gaze on me.
My heart skipped a beat as our eyes met across the table, and I quickly averted my gaze, feeling a flush rise to my cheeks.

I could feel the weight of her stare, as if she could see straight through me and into the depths of my heart. It was unnerving, yet exhilarating at the same time.

In a feeble attempt to conceal my moment of staring, I cleared my throat awkwardly and pretended to be engrossed in the lecture. My mind raced as I tried to come up with a plausible excuse for my behavior, but all I could manage was a nervous smile and a muttered apology.

Ae Cha's eyes held a hint of amusement as she watched my feeble attempts at nonchalance, and I couldn't help but feel a pang of embarrassment.

I cursed myself inwardly for being so obvious. But deep down, I knew that I couldn't deny the truth any longer. My feelings for Ae Cha were real, and they were only growing stronger with each passing day. And even though I may never admit them to anyone else, I knew that they were there, lingering just beneath the surface, waiting to be acknowledged.