21

| Korean Words meaning |

Anything in regular font = Korean

Anything in Italics = English

Anything in Bold = Spanish

Anything in Bold & Italics = Any other language besides Spanish, Korean, or English

*Time Skip, One Day. Was November 15th. Now February 10th*

4 months, and 05 days till BTS debut.

"Come on, give it your all!" Jimin taunted, his words far from helpful.
"Jimin, if you say that one more time, I might just squish you" Namjoon grumbled, his frustration palpable. He emitted a pained groan as he struggled to maintain his composure while bearing the weight of a new speaker on his back, akin to a weathered merchant on a rugged journey. Laughter filled the air as the boys, including myself, rallied to provide assistance, united in the endeavor of lugging the latest sound equipment up the seemingly interminable flight of stairs leading to our dorm.

In just under four months, we would debut as Bangtan. A potent blend of tension and excitement electrified our daily lives. Today was another escapade-filled day. Earlier, Hobeom had dropped by to deliver some updated equipment for our modest recording room. While not top-of-the-line gear like what other groups received, these seemed more like hand-me-downs from a producer's abandoned office. Still, given our financial constraints, we couldn't refuse free technology. Regrettably, the elevator had been out of order for nearly two weeks, rendering departing from and returning to our dorm an arduous chore. Thus, the hyungs and I were tasked with hauling this decade-old recording equipment to our abode, a task that was gradually besting us.

"Just one more level!" Hoseok exclaimed with enthusiasm, his energy seemingly boundless as he led the way. "If only we could bottle up Hoseok Hyung's energy and sell it" Taehyung sighed, his voice tinged with exhaustion as he cradled a smaller speaker in his arms. "I'd buy that without hesitation" Yoongi chimed in, adjusting the box on the second-floor ledge for a more secure grip, his focus clearly on preventing a mishap. I smiled, toting a box of assorted cords, trailing behind the others with the lightest load, mindful not to obstruct anyone's progress.

"Want to trade, Ae Cha?" Seokjin implored, his arms burdened with a bundle of microphone stands. "Hold on! If she's helping you, she has to assist me too" Jungkook interjected, carrying two boxes stacked nearly chin-high. Swiftly, I balanced my lightweight box atop Jungkook's stack. Laughter echoed, but I promptly retrieved one box, teasingly clarifying that I wasn't serious about the exchange.
"Aww, that's not fair, Ae Cha! I asked first" Seokjin whined playfully as we ascended the final stretch of stairs.

"You should know, Hyung, when it's about Jungkook, Ae Cha will always prioritize him" Taehyung teased, eliciting laughter from the boys, excluding Jungkook and me. Self-consciousness overcame me.

Five months had elapsed since I acknowledged my feelings for Jungkook. Life seemed more balanced now. Amidst the chaos of our debut preparations and the daily whirlwind, I was gradually finding my equilibrium. Especially concerning Jungkook. With each passing week, I succeeded in disentangling myself from him. These recent weeks felt like a deliberate endeavor to sidestep and ignore him. However, if I let my guard down, I would easily fall back into the pit. Case in point, what had just transpired. Jungkook groaned in exasperation at his hyungs' teasing.
"Why do you guys always have to do that?" he pouted, then hurriedly retreated from my side to join Jimin. Classic Jungkook behavior – playful, carefree, oblivious. Suppressing my hurt, I let him leave, determined to avoid getting ensnared in any flirtatious banter initiated by his hyungs. Their ill-timed jests showcased their ignorance about the ongoing dynamic between Jungkook and me. I worked diligently to curb my emotions, viewing them like a chronic ailment I had to manage. I wished to live normally, without the scrutinizing glances and snide comments of others, but it wasn't easy. My heart ached persistently. Butterflies fluttered with clipped wings. I remained smitten by Jungkook, yet I had grounded myself. My feelings were potent but corralled, too intense to run wild. It was a struggle, but I channeled my energy into other pursuits – studies, training, and work – the main diversions. Immersing myself in these endeavors yielded positive results – improved grades, enhanced training progress, and even a slight raise at work. Life was manageable. Truly. With my debut on the horizon, I was on the cusp of starting my journey, alongside Jungkook and the other hyungs. Things were genuinely okay. They were great.

Generations Expectation's | 8th member of BTSजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें