37

| Korean Words meaning |

Still none, lol.

Anything in regular font = Korean

Anything in Italics = English

Anything in Bold = Spanish

Anything in Bold & Italics = Any other language besides Spanish, Korean, or English

*Was May 26th, Now ???*

My eyes felt heavy as if I had spent hours underwater with them wide open. They remained shut, stubbornly dormant in my skull. Gradually, a sense of self began to return to me, but I still felt far from my normal self.

A lingering, sweet chemical scent filled my nostrils, now joined by the slow emergence of an earthy fragrance, like damp moss and freshly turned soil. My skin pressed against a cold surface that seemed to envelop me, cooling every inch of my body. Although I couldn't quite grasp my surroundings, I longed to force my eyes open. But my mind had yet to establish a connection with my body and the muscles required for that task remained unresponsive.

Lying on my side, my chest and legs coiled around each other, I rested on a lumpy and somewhat scratchy surface. My head throbbed within my skull, my heartbeat barely a faint whisper. I wondered how long I had been unconscious, and whether I had been subjected to more doses that had orchestrated a painful symphony within my organs. My throat felt parched, as if I had ingested sand through a straw and it now churned in my stomach.

Gradually, my body began to reconnect with me. It started with a rush as my toes were the first to respond, wiggling at my command. My fingers moved sluggishly, like a dance in slow motion, until they reached my eyes. I used my knuckles to rub at my eyes, hoping to clear them of any debris. However, when I finally managed to summon the strength to open my eyes, my vision was marred by nothing but chaotic black dots.

I kept rubbing my eyes over and over again but yet, the black dots stayed.

I groaned as the discomfort continued to roll and dance through my sore limbs. I tried to make heads or tails on where I was, and what time it was, cause memory was failing me but just like a rope snapping everything came falling back into my skull.
The airport, the kidnappers, Bongseon. Running the streets of LA floods into my brain and instantly, the black dots in my eyes start to dissipate and fold back as fear fills me. I had to run, I had to get away but as my vision came back that realization of running was far too late.

I lay, in a dingy, moist air unfinished basement. Stone walls and floors cracked with dirt and weeds peeking through showing how dingy and uncared for this room was. I come back to consciousness with anxiety and panic overtaking me. I go to push myself up, but my arms shake and I find myself falling a small distance back down. Whatever it was Bongseon used on me it had a stronger and long-lasting effect on me.
I was in no shape to move. I take shallow and fast incoming breaths as I examine my surroundings. Im in some sort of basement; which isn't something common to be found in LA due to all their earthquakes and I began to wonder if I was still actually in LA. Bongseon was illogical and not well-minded, who knew what was going through her mind when she put this action into a plan? I look to see the cloth surface I felt on my skin earlier was a tarnished mattress with some unclean-looking blankets laid out on top. There's a bottle of water on the floor close by. A dirty, plastic bucket sits in the corner, I think I could make a guess that was now my new bathroom for the time being, but either way, it sits next to something more interesting to me. A set of not-so-sturdy wood stairs. I crane my neck to see if I can get a glimpse of them. I expect a closed, barricaded door but instead; my eyes almost grow in size seeing a propped open door. Sunlight streamed down the stairs like a pouring waterfall.
My attention is peaked.