22

| Korean Words meaning |

Anything in regular font = Korean

Anything in Italics = English

Anything in Bold = Spanish

Anything in Bold & Italics = Any other language besides Spanish, Korean, or English

*Still February 10th*

4 months, and 05 days till BTS debut.

Ae Cha's POV

We shared an awkward yet cathartic half-hour, tears and sobs mingling between us. Even though Jimin and I were close and often shared our thoughts, crying in front of someone was still a vulnerability that felt uncomfortable. However, I couldn't contain the flood of emotions, and Jimin's unexpected presence caught me off guard, leaving me no choice but to unravel in front of him.

Gradually, my sniffles subsided. The atmosphere between us felt heavy as if burdened by the weight of my recent outburst. The remnants of my tears left my cheeks sore and tender. We had separated a while back, but Jimin remained seated, a comforting hand on my leg, occasionally patting my knee as a reassuring reminder of his presence. A sense of embarrassment washed over me for allowing my feelings to overwhelm me to this extent. I recognized that Jimin had his own struggles, visible in his recent behavior. But my fixation on my crush on Jungkook had left me absorbed in my own world, hindering me from fully engaging in my hyungs' lives or concerns. I reached out and gently patted Jimin's hand, a small gesture to convey my support for him as well.

Finally, Jimin broke the silence, his voice tentative as he asked.
"What's been going on with you, Ae Cha?" His question, the first since my emotional outburst, seemed to carry more weight now that I had calmed down. I took a deep breath and wiped my tear-streaked cheeks, the skin feeling raw and sensitive beneath my touch. "It's... a bit complicated" I replied, my voice hushed and muffled by my previous crying. I kept my gaze lowered, still feeling a certain level of shame at baring my soul to Jimin, despite his understanding presence. Though his support was reassuring, I couldn't shake off the unease of sharing my troubles with my hyungs, used as I was to provide support rather than receiving it.

The room fell quiet again. I sensed Jimin's uneasiness as he fidgeted on the bed, uncertain of how to proceed or what to say. His presence was comforting, yet I could tell he was grappling with his own difficulties.
"Would you like to talk about it?" Jimin's voice broke the silence once more, his attempt to reopen the conversation evident. I shook my head slightly, admitting "Honestly, not really. It's something I believe I should handle on my own." Lifting my head, I met his gaze, and for the first time, I felt a slight relief after our talk. As I made eye contact with him, I recognized the concern in his expression, a mixture of compassion and exhaustion. He was trying his best to be here for me, even though he carried his own burdens. I placed a hand on him, offering a gesture of gratitude and solidarity.

Jimin's response was simple, his tone tinged with understanding.
"I see." He ran a hand through his hair, pushing it out of his face before leaning back on his hands, trying to project an air of relaxation.
"I'm sorry, Jimin-hyung" I interjected, catching his attention with my apology. He seemed genuinely puzzled.
"What are you apologizing for?" he asked, confusion furrowing his brow. I explained, "For my self-absorption. I've noticed how you and the others, especially you, have been reaching out to me over the past few months. I've been aware of it, but the thing I'm dealing with, I don't want to involve any of you in it. I want to fix it on my own, so that none of you are affected." As I spoke, I fiddled with the fabric of my jeans, feeling a mix of anxiety and relief at opening up.