30

| Korean Words meaning |

Still none, lol.

Anything in regular font = Korean

Anything in Italics = English

Anything in Bold = Spanish

Anything in Bold & Italics = Any other language besides Spanish, Korean, or English

*Time Skip, Was June 28th. Now July 4th*

It was hard to believe that July 4th had come around once again. It felt like just yesterday that I was lying on one of the packed fields in LA, Jungkook and I side by side, watching the brilliant fireworks display after a day filled with some of the best memories of my youth. On that day, I had shown Jungkook the exciting festivities of American summers. I could still hear the joyful screams of carnival-goers echoing in my head and savor the taste of delicious food from that day. I remembered how Jungkook had carried me on his back late into the night, his warmth enveloping me, his laughter filling the air. I could still recall the scent of his skin as I buried my face in the back of his neck.

It was hard to believe that it had been so long since Jungkook and I had been that close. But here we were again, on the 4th of July. This time, however, we were stuck waiting to record our performance for an unresponsive crowd that seemed to have gone out of their way to give us the cold shoulder. There were no lightsticks held high for us, no cheers to lift our spirits. We performed to the best of our abilities and pretended that the lack of support didn't affect us, but deep down, I could tell that it had affected all of us, including me. We finished our performance, and there was no real applause. The TV network had quickly added in their own background sound effects of clapping and cheering to mask the silent crowd before the camera moved on to the overly enthusiastic announcer, ready to move on. We hadn't received much support since our debut, and we were starting to wonder if our fan base was dwindling.

As we bowed and thanked the indifferent crowd, we left the stage with a sense of defeat. Our labelmates, the members of 90210, entered the stage, and the crowd erupted in cheers. 90210 had released their first lightstick two months ago, and it seemed like almost everyone in the audience had one.

"Are you ready to rock?" asked Euros, the rather haughty leader of 90210, and the crowd responded with screams of excitement. We continued to walk, passing by staff members who were too engrossed in adoring the group behind us. Whenever 90210 was around, it seemed like none of the BigHit staff paid any attention to us. Their focus was always on the more popular and successful group. I was happy for Kyong, the member who didn't hate me, as she finally received the attention she deserved. However, I couldn't help but feel frustrated by the rest of the members who remained fake and occasionally bullies.

The music for 90210's latest debut song filled the air, and the crowd lit up with an orange glow. The audience's passionate screams nearly overwhelmed the soothing rhythm of the music. It was astonishing how popular they had become. With just one hit song, they had skyrocketed to fame and were now competing with well-established groups like BigBang and EXO in terms of awards and sales. Their fans, the Bunmays, chanted their hearts out as the music grew louder, and Hei-Ran began her opening lines. I found myself standing on the sidelines, surrounded by staff members who were infatuated with 90210, just watching their somewhat cheesy and overly cutesy routine.

Jealousy and anger began to well up inside me. Why couldn't BTS have that kind of fame and support? What were we doing wrong? We had done countless interviews, given our all in performances, and tirelessly promoted ourselves both in public and online. Yet, we remained relatively unseen. I wondered if BTS would have been more popular if they didn't have a female member.