32

| Korean Words meaning |

Still none, lol.

Anything in regular font = Korean

Anything in Italics = English

Anything in Bold = Spanish

Anything in Bold & Italics = Any other language besides Spanish, Korean, or English

*Time Skip, Was July 4th. Now November 23rd *

"Ae Cha, it's time for us to clock out" Kyong's voice chimed next to me as she placed a large crate of partially empty fruits onto a nearby pallet, signaling the end of our stocking shift.

"Okay" I replied, finishing up the restocking of my own fruit crate. Placing my empty wooden crate beside Kyong's, I watched as she removed her soiled, food-covered black apron.

"Today's shift went by pretty quickly" Kyong remarked, and I took one of my headphones out of my ear. It had been playing music to keep me level-headed and focused as we tackled the restocking of the truck.

"Yeah, I suppose" I replied, being friendly and continuing our conversation out of politeness. However, the truth was I was thrilled to be done, and my only desire was to leave this place as soon as possible. Kyong must have noticed my weary eyes and distant thoughts. Normally, I wasn't this reserved; we would chat, catch up, and share jokes during our early morning shifts together. But today, I was simply drained.

Kyong and I still worked these early morning restocking shifts at the grocers. My situation was different from Kyong's. I needed this job to make ends meet because BTS was struggling to gain popularity after our debut. After months, it became clear that our debut hadn't been as successful as we'd hoped. Namjoon and the company were already planning our comeback, hoping it would be more successful. We tried to keep our spirits high.

Kyong, on the other hand, didn't need to work here if she didn't want to. Her group was a tremendous success. Despite being rookies, they had already won a Daesang. With three albums and two singles under their belt, 90210 was one of the year's fastest-rising girl groups. Yet Kyong still worked here with me, and her group continued to stay in the trainee dorms alongside us.

"You wanna go grab some coffee? My group doesn't have practice until 8 AM" Kyong asked me sweetly, her energy not wavering as we clocked out of shifts at 6 AM, we had been here since nearly 1 AM.
Inventory was the night before so we had our hands full. Kyong was always so nice to me, she was probably the only female friend I had that I could talk to almost daily and hang out with, but recently with her group's rise to fame her absences grew longer and longer and I knew it was only a matter of time before she would quit this place, overwhelmed by fame and stress to even try to keep up with mundane tasks such as working a part-time job and spending time with friends that weren't famous.
"Ya, that would be nice" I said as I took my turn clocking out, finally removing my dirty apron to reveal the horrible fitting sweats I wore to work. "Great! let's head out before 'you know who' gets here and holds us up with flirting with you all morning" Kyong voiced joking around with me before we walked out the back door, the leader of the store finally getting in and letting us out.

Kyong and I soon regained our usual lively selves, sharing jokes and catching up. Despite my exhaustion from having had only three hours of sleep the night before, Kyong could tell and didn't hold it against me.

"So, how's the superstar holding up? I saw you guys were at the GDAs last night. Have you even had time to sleep?" I asked Kyong, teasing her as always about her newfound fame. She found it endearing and a bit embarrassing for me to refer to her as a superstar all the time, but she knew I wouldn't stop.