82. Senior Prank Night

Natalie's outfit

Natalie's outfit

Stefan's POV

"Stefan!" I hear a familiar voice call me as my body is shaken. "Stefan, wake the hell up!" Natalie yells. I groan, lifting my upper body up as I open my eyes, caressing the back of my neck as I feel a soreness. "Laine?" I question confused. "Oh, thank god." Natalie exhales in relief. "You stay dead a long time."

"Thanks, baby." I say sarcastically as she helps me up. "What have we gotten ourselves into?" She whispers, as I look around, seeing the truck parked in front of the school gym, meaning we are back in Mystic Falls. "We're going to be okay. Everything will work out." I assure Natalie, but she shakes her head in disagreement.

"You can't possibly know that." She argues. I place my hands on her cheeks, urging her to stare into my eyes. "Do you trust me?" I ask, feeling Natalie leaning into my hands. "Without a single doubt." She replies and I smile softly. "We'll be okay. We'll find a way. You and me." I promise her and she chuckles softly.

"You always know what to say, don't you?" She says, grinning. "I am very wise." I joke, feeling her affection radiating off her. All joking aside, I take in every little detail, becoming overwhelmed by her piercing eyes, but I can't look away from them. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Natalie whispers. "Because I love you." I state simply.

Leaning forward, she places her lips on mine, passion radiating off the two of us. "Whatever happens tonight, remember I love you. Remember you're mine. Always my girl." I whisper against her lips and she nods. "I love you. I'm always yours. No matter what." She whispers back.

******

Natalie's POV

Side by side, me and Stefan enter the gym, seeing Klaus sitting on the bleachers and Elena trying to comfort Dana, for some reason. "Nat." Elena gasps as she gives me a hopeful expression. But I ignore it and turn to face the hybrid. "Nik." I call out. "Come to save the damsel who, might I add, is always in distress?" Klaus says, glaring.

"We came to ask for your forgiveness. And pledge out loyalty." Stefan answers. "You broke that pledge once already." Klaus says, seeming genuinely upset with the two of us. "Elena means nothing to me anymore, Nik." I tell him, not even looking at Elena who's looking at me in confusion and hurt. "And whatever you ask of me...I'll do it."

"Fair enough. Let's drink on it." Klaus smirks as he wanders off the bleachers before pointing to two of our classmates. "Kill them." Stefan freezes, unsure if he wants to go through it. "What are you waiting for, Stefan? Kill them." Klaus orders when he doesn't move. "Nat, don't let Stefan do it. He's not going to hurt me. He already said-" cutting Elena off, Klaus proves her wrong by backhanding her, making her tumble onto the ground in pain.

Angry, I vamp-speed towards him but Klaus senses me coming and turns around, his hand shooting up to my throat. "She means nothing to you? Your lies just keep piling up." Klaus growls, as he looks down at me. "Off course she means something to me. She's my sister, Nik. Now, leave her alone!" I yell, gripping his wrist. "I never had to resort to this during our summer together, Angel." Klaus says before pulling me over to Stefan. "Stop fighting." He compels him.