49. Full Moon

Stefan's POV

Stefan's POV

Me, Natalie, Damon and Elena sit in the living of my house, discussing the possibility of what the Lockwood's could be. I sit on the couch as Natalie sits between my legs, my arms wrapped around her waist as she trails her nails up and down my arm, leaving goosebumps behind.

There's a sudden knock on the door and Damon goes to open it. "Thanks for coming, Ric." He greets as he steps aside to let Alaric inside the house. "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon offers and Alaric shakes his head. "Natalie texted me. She said you might need my help." He says, ignoring Damon's offer for a drink.

"We were hoping you could share some light on the Lockwood family." I say to him as Alaric sits himself down on a chair across from me and Natalie. "Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" He asks curiously. "Well, you wouldn't, but your dead not dead vampire wife might." Damon tells him as he sits down in the arm of the couch beside Elena.

Alaric looks away from us for a moment as Elena looks up at Damon and shakes her head before turning back to Alaric. "Isobel's research from when you were at Duke together." She tells him. "You said she spent years researching this town." Natalie continues.

Alaric glances at all of us, licking his lips with an uncomfortable expression on his face. "Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls is rooted in folklores and legends but at the time, I thought much of it was fiction." He says and Damon smirks. "Like that amazing vampire story." He says as Elena shakes her head at him.

"Aside from vampires, what else?" She questions Alaric who hesitates for a moment. "The Lycanthrope." He admits and Elena gasps, her eyes darting to the three of us be off they land back on Ric. "Wait, like werewolves?" She asks. "That is what lycanthropy means, Elena." Natalie grumbles sarcastically making my lips tilt up.

"No way!" Damon scoffs as he stands up from his seat. "Impossible. Way to Lon Chaney." He adds. "Is it?" Me and Natalie ask in unison. "I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never come across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" He asks and Alaric tilts his head. "Why do you suspect the Lockwood's?" He questions confused.