33. The Tomb

Natalie's POV

"I'm gonna have to change the locks." Damon remarks as he turns around to face me as I walk into the library. "Although you'll just break them with your ninja skills if I do. You stage a jailbreak?" He asks sarcastically and I snort.

"I'm not a damsel in distress, Damon. I can take care of myself, banshee powers or not. Let's just say baby vamp' and Anna won't think twice about kidnapping me again, especially since I just kicked his ass." I say in amusement.

"Ooh, must have brought down my brothers ego, showing up too late to play white night in shining armour. Too late to save his girl from the burning tower." Damon comments sarcastically making me roll my eyes at the sarcastic dig. "Look, I spoke with Bonnie and convinced her to help you open the tomb." I tell him.

He scoffs in disbelief with a frown on his face as he stares at me suspiciously. "I doubt that." He grumbles and I let out a heavy sigh. "I'm not going to say I'm sorry, if that's what you're hoping for. Because I'm not. I want the bitch to rot." I tell him truthfully.

"Well, at least you're honest." Damon says with a sigh, staring at me as I walk towards him. I narrow my eyes at him before punching him across the face, causing him to fall down to his knees. He lets out a groan of pain, rubbing his hand across his cheek, trying to soothe the pain. "What the hell was that for?!" He asks confused.

I scoff as I cross my arms over my chest, looking at him with a glare. "Oh, I don't know, Damon. Maybe the fact that you forced me to drink your blood and threatened my life for the grimoire just so you could release the manipulative bitch from hell. But, let's get something straight. If you ever do anything like that again, I will make your life a living hell." I warn him.

Damon clearly can't help the smirk that appears on his face as he stares at me in amusement. "Fair enough." He mumbles, shrugging his shoulders. I roll my eyes at him before sighing. "Damon, I was trying not to get killed. Those tomb vampires are gonna come after me. But I really did convince Bonnie." I tell him.

"Not interested." He says as he starts to make his way out of the room only to stop when I snicker in amusement. "Oh, please. You so are because you were willing to work along side us the other day." I remind him making Damon turn around. "Fool me once, shame on you."

I roll my eyes at him, scoffing. "When you went to Atlanta with Elena, why didn't you use compulsion on her?" I ask as Damon places the grimoire on the table and steps towards me with a taunting smirk. "Who's to say I didn't?" He asks smirking.

"You didn't. When Elena came back, she told me all about it." I say with a knowing look on my face. "Damon, before all this stuff with the tomb, me and you got along. I know I hurt you by lying to you, but I'm not lying now. Bonnie really is going to help." I tell him.

Damon groans throwing his head back. "I wish I could believe you." He says. "Well you can because I'm telling the truth." I say as Damon moves closer so he's standing in front of me. "You know Anna won't stop, by the way, no matter what I do." He tells me and I nod.

"Then we'll deal with it." I tell him. Damon sighs before he gently cups my face in his hands. "I didn't compel Elena in Atlanta because we were having fun for once and I know if you found out I compelled her, you would pop my blood vessels. I'm trusting you. Don't make me regret it." He says and I nod.

******

"The Duke party. I forgot. They better stay clear of the old church." I say as me and Damon walk through the woods. "Your hope, not mine." Damon mumbles sarcastically making me roll my eyes as I lead the way to the old church.