42. Miss Mystic Falls

Natalie's Miss Mystic Falls dress

Natalie's POV

Arriving at the founders court, I climb out of my car, followed by Elena, Jenna and Ric. We head straight inside and I'm actually very impressed with how beautiful the place looks. "Okay, I'm actually impressed." I mention. "Wow! This place looks amazing." Elena comments.

"Yeah, it does." I agree before taking my stuff out of Alarics hands. "Thank you, Ric." I utter politely and he gives me a small smile. "You're welcome." He replies before I walk up the stairs behind my sister who is more excited than I am, Jenna following behind the two of us.

I begin to work on my makeup as Jenna starts on Elena's hair. "Thanks for helping me." Elena whispers to Jenna and gives her a grateful smile. "Don't thank her yet. Thank her after all your hair is still on." I joke. "Hey!" Jenna whines, playfully glaring at me as I apply mascara to my already thick, black lashes.

"I remember when we were all applying for this. Mom was so exited." Elena mutters as her eyes glisten with tears. "So was you if I recall." Jenna states. "I was. Mom used to make it sound like so much fun. Lots have changed since then." Elena utters, giving me sad smile.

"It's a little too late for cold feet, Elena." I tell her, as I finish my makeup and start pining up my long brown curls. I look myself over in the mirror before applying some more lipgloss to my naturally plump lips. "I don't have cold feet. I just wish mom was here...and I'm not happy that Jeremy is my escort." She grumbles.

"I know. I wish she was here too. But she'll be happy we're still doing this. Even if I'm not." I state and Elena nods. "Come on, let's get into our dresses." I nod my head to the dressing room as Jenna steps back. "I'm done. I'm done." She announces as Elena stands up from her seat.

I push open the door to the dressing room to see Amber pacing up and down. "Are you okay, Amber?" Elena asks, concern drenching her tone as she takes a step closer as Amber snaps her head towards us. "I hate being the centre of attention. I get panic attacks." She mentions.

"Then why did you enter?" I ask confused. "Nat!" Elena scolds but I just shrug. "Would you like some privacy so you could change?" Elena questions turning back to Amber. "Actually, I think I'm going to get some air." Amber rushes past us and I watch as she darts down the stairs.

"Drama queen." I mumble under my breath as I place my dress on the chair, removing my robe so I stand in nothing but my matching white lace lingerie. I wear a lace thong with a strapless bra because my dress is off the shoulders. "We can't all have your confidence, Nat." Elena tells me, gesturing to where Amber ran and I shrug.

Suddenly, Elena let's out an awkward cough making me spin around and I jump slightly when I see Damon standing in the door way, looking me up and down. "See something you like?" I joke and he nods. "Definitely." He winks and I roll my eyes as I grab my dress, walking over to the mirror.