35. Eligible Bachelor*

Natalie's POV

After dropping Elena off back home, I quickly drive to Stefan's. I know he's gonna want to know what I found out about Isobel and if it's the same person as Alaric's 'deceased' wife. "Stefan!" I call out as I walk into his bedroom, looking around for him just as Damon walks into the room, shirtless with his jeans wrapped around his waist lowly, a taunting smirk on his face. "Better...me."

I scoff in disbelief as I fold my arms across my chest, ignoring his gaze. "You look, um..." I trail off, not knowing the right word at his drunken state as Damon slowly makes his way towards me with a flirty smile. "Dashing? Gorgeous? Irresistible?" He questions.

I place my hand on his chest, pushing him back slightly as I give him an unimpressed look. "Actually, I was gonna say trashed, wrecked or completely wasted." I state making Damon shoot me a look, shrugging his shoulders casually. "No reason why. Do you know that I am one of 'Mystic Falls' most eligible bachelors?"

"Wait, are you actually being serious?" I question, chuckling in amusement only for a smirk to appear on Damon's face, as he moves away from me and towards Stefan's mirror. I let out a sigh as I watch him, knowing deep down he is not okay, especially after what Pearl and Anna told him about Kathrine.

"Are you okay? With everything that's happened?" I ask carefully as Damon's eyes connect with mine through the mirror. "Never better. Yep. What can I do for you? I'm a barrel of favours today. It's my newfound purpose, how can I help people?" He responds.

"I came to see stefan." I tell him as I let out a sigh. Damon hums, nodding his head with an amused smile, turning around to face me with a groan, gesturing towards his unbuttoned shirt. "Help a guy out, will you? Can't get this." He admits and I scoff, making my way over to him before starting to button his shirt up.

He watches me with a smirk as I give him an annoyed expression before clearing my throat. "So, I found out who mine and Elena's birth mom is." I tell him. "Who cares?" Damon sarcastically questions as he groans before looking into my eyes with a small smile on his face.

"She left you. She sucks." He utters and I chuckle. "Yeah, I know. But Elena cares." I argue and he shrugs. "So, let her deal with it." He retorts. "I'm trying too, only she keeps dragging me into it. She wants to know her. Or why she abandoned us at birth. Elena really wants to meet her but she's only going to be disappointed in the long run." I explain shrugging before I hear footsteps and I step away from Damon.

Stefan's POV

"Hey." Natalie greets as I walk into my room, and I give her a small smile before it drops when I see Damon standing near my mirror. "I've been looking for you." Natalie tells me, making her way over to me as I frown, looking at her concerned. I go to say something but Damon speaks up before I can as he groans, putting his jacket on.

"I need a bigger jacket. Wow, you know, an occasional sorority girl might, um, you know, help you fill out a bit." He comments and I shake my head. Damon gives Natalie one last look before walking out of my room, leaving the two of us alone as Natalie huffs in annoyance. "You have got to be kidding me. It's like nothing ever happened. He's acting like his old dickish self." She scoffs.

"It's Damon. He'll be fine." I utter causing Natalie to roll her eyes as she gives me a knowing look before walking over to my bed and sitting down on it. "How did it go with that Trudie woman?" I ask, walking over to her and stand in front of her as I fold my arms across my chest.

"Not as good as Elena hoped. Just please tell me Damon didn't kill the same Isobel and Alaric's wife is not our birth mom." She replies and I give her an apologetic look, taking out a picture that Alaric gave me earlier. "This is Alarics wife. The same woman of the picture Jenna had found. Your birth mom was Alarics wife."