11. I'm A Vampire

Stefan's POV

When Natalie stops screaming, she falls into me and the pain stops in my head, as does Damon's. Damon looks at her in confusion as Natalie breathes in and out shakily. Damon looks over at me, giving me a look. "Hope you finally understand now, bro."

I watch Damon speed off and look down at Natalie, my fingers moving to the back of her head. She hisses as I gently touch it with my finger, pulling it away to see blood. "Are you okay?" I ask and she looks up at me, shaking her head.

I pull her tighter to me, catching sight of her bruised neck and wrist, feeling guilty that I didn't get to her sooner. Whether Damon saved Natalie from Tanner or not, he was always gonna use him to prove a point and now I've got to explain to Natalie something I was hoping to hide for a little bit longer.

The sound of footsteps grow near as people run over to see what has happened. Caroline, Matt, Tyler and few football players who were closest to the parking lot arrive first. Caroline looks at Natalie and her eyes widen when she sees her. "What happened?" She asks dropping next to me. "Tanner attacked her." I shortly explain making Caroline gasp.

"Oh my god!" Matt gasps in horror when he sees Tanner and Caroline looks up at him before following his line of sight. "It's Tanner." I tell her. "What!" Caroline exclaims in shock. "Can you hold her? I'm gonna call 911." I ask Caroline who nods and I gently move Natalie into her arms as Matt and Tyler kneel down to check on her.

I take my phone out of Natalie's pocket and quickly call 911, keeping my eyes on Natalie.

******

"Hey." I say softly, walking into Natalie's room making her look up at me. "Can I come in?" I ask and she nods. I close the door behind me and sit down on her bed. "How's your throat?" I ask concerned. "Sore." She says lowly and I nod.

"Stefan..." Natalie starts making me furrow my eyebrows at her. "What happened tonight?" She asks and I sigh. "I don't know if you're gonna believe me or not, but what I'm about to tell you is the truth, okay?" I say and she nods as I take a deep breath. "Me and Damon are vampires." I admit and Natalie looks at me in shock.

"What?" She asks, wincing a little. "You're a vampire? Like, blood-sucking and fangs, all that?" She asks and I nod. "Yeah, pretty much." I say. "Do you- do you bite humans?" She asks and I shake my head. "I hunt animals." I tell her.

"I used to drink human blood but decided to drink only animal blood after a few bad years." I explain and she nods. "So you hunt thumper and bambi?" She asks and I chuckle. "Yeah, I guess you can say that."

"How long have you been a vampire?" She asks. "Since the 1800's." I admit and her eyes widen. "But that would mean you're over 160 years old, right?" She asks and I nod. "Hundred and sixty-three to be exact." I shrug. "Holy shit, you're old." She says and I laugh.

"I'm dating an old man." She adds and I give her a look. "You being a vampire, is that why you know so much about witches?" Natalie asks. "Yeah, I knew a witch, a long time ago. Emily Bennett." I say and her eyes widen. "As in Bonnie Bennett?" She asks and I nod.

"How did you know her?" Natalie questions. "Through Katherine." I say and she nods. "Was Katherine a bitch?" She asks and I smirk at her, nodding. "Katherine pierce is the one who changed me into a vampire."

"Wow! So, major bitch then?" Natalie purses her lips in shock. "Pretty much." I agree. "She stayed at our house in 1864 with my father, myself, and Damon. Very quickly, she had all of us in the palm of her hand." I explain. "And Emily?" She asks.

"Emily was her friend. But due to her ethnicity, she acted as Katherine's maid." I explain and she nods before moving over and patting the space next to her. I smile softly, kicking of my shoes before I climb in next to her, leaning back against her headboard.