74. The Sacrifce Happens Tonight

Stefan's POV

"Tonight is the full moon." Elijah states to me, Natalie and Elena as we sit inside the living room. Only a few hours ago, Elijah was in London, and then Seoul to pick up things that are needed for Elena sacrifice. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." He adds.

"Laine explained that the sun and moon curse is fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?" I say in a questioning tone and Elijah nods his head. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid." He explains, sharing a look with Natalie.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon suddenly exclaims, frustration in his tone after he finally exits his bedroom. He releases a loud huff as he drops down onto the couch beside Elena, glancing at Natalie. "We can kill him today, with Bonnie." He adds with a careless shrug.

Elena immediately turns to glare at him at the suggestion. "Damon, no! No way." She exclaims, hurriedly shaking her head. "Bonnie isn't doing that." Natalie assures, her thumb rubbing over her wrist that I can tell is in pain. I take a seat next to her on the couch, taking her wrist in my hand and gently rubbing her wrist.

She looks up at me with a thankful smile as I catch Damon looking at the bruise in guilt. I asked Natalie last night if she wanted me to heal her but she said no, because she wants Damon to remember what he done just because he didn't agree with her plan, once again.

"I'm not allowing Bonnie to die." Elena says, glaring at Damon making him raise an eyebrow in return. "But you're willing to die? How is that any better?" He questions in a hard voice. "It's not. But Klaus's need me to activate his curse. No one else." She argues and Damon rolls his eyes at her. "Oh, give me a bre-" he starts to argue but I cut him off.

"Alright. How do we break the curse?" I wonder as I subconsciously tighten my hand on Natalie's thigh. "Well..." Elijah begins as he stands up from the leather chair he had been sitting in. "The ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone." I say, nodding my head and Elijah points over at me as if to say I'm on the right track. "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone." He explains before releasing a small sigh. "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." He adds.

"And where do I fit into this equation?" Elena questions, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The final part of the ritual." Elijah states before silently moving over to the piano where all the supplies he brought are laying. He picks up a small black box that is only big enough to fit in the palm of his hand before he walks back over to us.

"Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger..." Elijah begins as he stares down at the box before he glances up at Elena. "To the point of your death." He finishes making Elena gasp and turn her head towards Natalie who's already looking at her.

Elijah then opens the box and pulls out a small vial. "What's that?" Damon questions curiously. "This is what will keep Elena alive. I never got to give it to Katerina, but now, I can give it to the next in line of the Petrova's." Elijah explains. "Wait, wait, wait." Damon exclaims as he waves his hand in the air. "So, you've never done this before?" He questions in disbelief.

"No, I haven't." Elijah mutters truthfully as he nods his head. "Elena will be the first to ever drink from this vial. She should resuscitate within twenty-four to seventy-two hours." He explains and Elena looks at Natalie anxiously. "So, she's going to be dead?" Natalie asks and Elijah nods his head. "And then she won't." He says simply.