79. Why Didn't It Work?!

Natalie's hiking outfit

Stefan's POV

The three of us plod through the woods to try and find Rays pack, his currently dead-self resting over my shoulders. "You okay? Is Ray getting heavy? Natalie could always carry him." Klaus teases. "I'm fine." I respond, my eyes watching the way Natalie's hips sway in her jean shorts.

"Are you sure about that? We have been walking for quite some time. If you need some water or a sit down..." Klaus continues and I roll my eyes. "I get we are stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chit-chat, it's be great." I interrupt, readjusting my hold on Ray. "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend." Klaus utters.

"We have been going after these werewolves for the past three months. All summer long." Natalie grumbles. "And thanks to Natalie, we got Ray to tell us where to find his pack." Klaus states, pausing when we see people chatting, getting ready for the next full moon. Coming to a stop, I carelessly toss Rays body to the centre of the camp.

"Ray! Oh my god!" A girl exclaims, shooting to his side. On high alert, the pack glance around in fear. "Who are you?" The girl interviews. "The important question is who am I?" Klaus corrects making me and Natalie roll our eyes. "Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus." He introduces. "You're the hybrid." The girl mutters, cautiously standing up from her position as if any sudden movement would set Klaus off. She wasn't wrong reacting like that. "You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus smirks proudly.

******

"It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid." Klaus utters as Natalie rolls her eyes. "Love yourself much?" She mumbles sarcastically as she walks past him and sits down on a fallen tree as I lean against the tree next to her.

Ray suddenly gasps awake, startling everyone around him. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic." Klaus comments. "Why wouldn't he be dramatic? It isn't like you just killed him or anything." Natalie utters sarcastically as I suppress my smirk. "What's happening to me?" Ray asks in fear. "Natalie, Stefan." Klaus orders, preferring to demonstrate instead of just explaining to the werewolves what he has in store for them.

"Are any of you human?" Natalie questions as she stands up. "Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire." I point out. "If he doesn't get it, he will die." Natalie concludes. "Doesn't take much. Just a sample." Klaus interjects. "Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, a lover along for the ride?" He questions.

Relentless, Klaus starts to move around the pack before stopping in front of one person, narrowing his eyes at them. "You." He utters before grabbing his arm and biting down before tossing him to me. Pinning him to the ground, I look at the blood feeling my hunger come back but I feel Natalie slip her hand into mine making me relax.