53. The Plan

Stefan's POV

Kathrine had confronted Caroline, telling her to send us a message. Of course, she wanted the moonstone. Unfortunately for her, no one wanted to hand it over, mainly out of pettiness and fear of what she wants it for. And as we predicted, the masquerade ball was her choice of location.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard." I say. "She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks." Damon says confidently making Natalie scoff in disbelief. "She has managed to stay alive long enough to prepare for most scenarios. There is no way she doesn't have a plan. She knows our weaknesses."

"Laine is right. We can't underestimate her." I agree, pacing as I try and think of a solution. "We have to play this smarter than her." I comment. "Can't we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline questions. "No. Kathrine's not getting dick." Damon refuses, shaking his head stubbornly.

"Well, according to Mason, she was definitely getting some." Natalie comments making Caroline scrunch up her face in disgust. "Ew." She shudders. "Really, Tia?" Damon says and Natalie shrugs. "What? She was." She argues and Damon rolls his eyes. "I have had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I am going to kill her. Tonight!"

"You're not gonna kill her." I argue making Natalie furrow her eyes at me. "Don't give me that goody-goody crap." Damon protests. "You're not going to kill her." I repeat, trying my hardest to hide my growing smirk. "Oh, really? I think the girls are on board." Damon gestures to Natalie and Caroline who nod.

"You're not going to kill her because I am." I reveal, eager to get revenge on Kathrine for everything she's done. Her threatening me about my girl is at the top of my list.

******

"You brought the grimoire. Thank you." I say as I open the door, letting Bonnie walk into the house, noting that supplies she carries. "We have been waiting forever!" Caroline exclaims and Bonnie gives her glare as Alaric sets his weapons on the table. "Ooh, weapons!" Natalie says excited, grinning.

I look over and smile at the way her eyes light up. "No touching, Nat." Alaric scolds, taking the weapon out of her hands. "Why're you being so mean? I thought you liked me." Natalie pouts and Alaric smiles at her. "I do. But I don't trust you not to shoot Damon." He says making Damon's head snap up.

"What'd you say that for? Now he knows I want to shoot him." Natalie jokes making me chuckle as Damon laughs mockingly. Alaric chuckles amused before he picks up a weapon, showing it to us. "Now, this works with compressed air." He starts. "The mechanism is up here. I have two of these in different sizes." He says before turning to me.

"Now for you, I recommend this, it fits nicely under your jacket sleeve. Use the trigger when you're ready." Alaric triggers the stake but Natalie catches it quickly making all of us, except me look at her in shock. "Nicely done." Alaric compliments. "Not my first time." Natalie comments, looking at him knowingly.

"Well, you wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire." Alaric says looking back to us as Bonnie pulls me off to the side. "I know you want to keep Natalie safe from Kathrine, but this is really risky, Stefan. Too many people could get hurt." She says lowly. "Of course I want to keep my girl safe." I reply in an obvious tone. "Kathrine playing nice with Laine is crossing a line. She has to be stopped before she does something drastic to her."

Bonnies eyes widen at the thought of Kathrine harming Natalie and she lets out a small sigh. "I could do a spell to trap her, like the tomb spell." She suggests. "Right. We can isolate her, away from other guests. Please Bonnie. She's my girl." I plead as Bonnie looks at my hopeful expression.

"You really love her, don't you?" She asks knowingly and I nod. "More than anything." I tell her and she nods her head slowly. "I'll do this but I'm doing it for Nat." She says and I give her grateful smile before we both back over to the others.

"Are you sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asks as he packs up some of his weapons as I walk over to Natalie. I sit down on the couch and lift her onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her waist. "No, you need to stay with Elena. I don't want her to know about this." Natalie tells him and Alaric nods in understanding.

"Alright, if anyone wants to back out, I'll understand." I say, looking at everyone in the room as Damon steps forward, swishing his bourbon around in his glass. "Yeah, cold feet, speak now. I don't want this going the wrong way if someone chickens out." He says before turning to Caroline. "Caroline?"

"I won't." Caroline says, determination written all over her face as she stands up and folds her arms across her chest. Damon sends her a questionable look to which she rolls her eyes at. "Look, she killed me, fair is fair. As long as there's no werewolves running around."

"Oh, I took care of Mason Lockwood." Damon reassures with a cocky smile. "As long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn." Jeremy speaks up. "I'm in. Let's kill the bitch." Natalie says making me and Damon smirk at her before we all turn to Bonnie. "Bon?" Natalie calls making her whip her head towards us. "You with us?"

Bonnies eyes bounce between everyone in the room and I can see doesn't feel comfortable but she has to do this for Natalie. "But nobody gets hurt." She assures, looking back at me. "Except Katherine." Me and Damon say in unison, looking at each other knowingly.

******

"Hey." I say, leaning against the doorway of my room. Natalie turns to face me in just a towel and damp hair, her makeup already on. "Hey." She greets back. "Me and Damon are leaving soon. You want us to wait?" I ask and she shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I'm going with Caroline and Bonnie."

"Okay." I nod, watching her eyes look me up and down. "You look really handsome." She compliments and I smile, walking over to her. "I can't wait to see how beautiful I know you're going to look." I whisper, leaning down so my lips brush against hers. "You'll see soon." She whispers back. My lips tilt up before I press my lips into hers, kissing her softly.