90. Dinner Party

Natalie's outfit for the dinner

Natalie's POV

I hear a knock on the front door making me groan as I've just sat down on the couch. I sigh as I stand up and make my way over the door, pulling it open. "What do you-" I start to say but freeze when I see Elijah standing in front of me, a small smile on his face. "Elijah." I whisper in disbelief. "Hello, Elskan." He greets.

"How are you- did Nik wake you?" I ask curiously and he shakes his head

"How are you- did Nik wake you?" I ask curiously and he shakes his head. "Damon actually." He admits and I look at him in shock. "Damon woke you?" I ask skeptically and he nods. "Oh, great! He's up to something." I mumble making Elijah chuckle. "May I come in?" He wonders and I nod, moving out of the way to let him through.

I close the door before turning around and see Elijah standing behind me. I look him over and realise he's cut his hair. "Your hair. It's different." I utter and he nods. "Does it look bad?" He wonders and I immediately shake my head. "No, it suits you. You look really handsome." I compliment and he smiles softly. "Thank you, Elskan." He says before leaning down to peck my cheek.

"I've missed doing that." He utters and I chuckle slightly. "Yeah, I kind of got used to you doing that." I admit and he smirks. "You want a drink?" I offer. "Please." He nods and I walk to the living room, Elijah following behind me. I pour the two of us a glass of bourbon, before handing him a glass as I sit down on the couch.

"Thank you." Elijah says, sitting opposite me. "How have you been?" He wonders and I sigh heavily. "Where do I begin?" I utter sarcastically as he furrows his eyebrows at me. "Well, I spent the summer with Nik, lost count of the amount of people I killed, came back and Stefan lost his humanity. Then he broke up with me. Oh and my brother has been compelled to leave." I explain.

"Stefan broke up with you?" Elijah asks in confusion and shock. "Yep. Oh, and the other night, he tried to kill me to get at Nik." I add making him clench his hand around his glass. "He tried to kill you?" He asks angrily and I nod, gulping down my bourbon. "Yeah. Held a stake to my heart as he prepared to drive me and Elena off Wickerey Bridge." I explain.