45. Founders Day Parade

Founders parade outfit

Stefan's POV

The town square is full with people dressed up and it makes me think about my days as a human. "Look at you, all retro." Damon comment as he makes his way over to me while I search the crowd for Natalie. "What are you doing here?" I question as I roll my eyes at him.

"Why wouldn't I be here?" Damon asks. "Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founders day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and who knows, maybe get the girl." He says with a smirk etched on his face. "Don't start with me, Damon." I warn him, facing away. "Oh, you started this, Stefan, with that whole, 'leave Natalie alone' speech, last night." He says amused.

After the meeting with Isobel, and I dropped Natalie home, me and Damon had a little 'heart to heart'. Damon had denied being in love with Natalie, he claimed he only likes Elena and that Natalie is a very good friend. But I know different which is way I told him to leave Natalie alone. I know what Damon's like and I won't lose my girl because of him. And I'm not blind. I can see the longing looks Damon gives Natalie but he's adamant he only likes Elena.

"As long as you heard it." I say firmly. "What?" Damon asks in a mocking tone, holding his hand to his ear as if he's finding it difficult to hear me. "You have no sense of humour, Stefan." He comments. "Actually, I have no sense of Damon humour." I correct.

"Damon humour...hey, look, I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared now that Kathrine is out of the picture, that I'm going to turn all my attention on Natalie and you might be correct." He pauses making me glare at him. "Tia is not Kathrine." He says and I scoff.

"You're right, she's not. She's my girl, Damon." I tell him firmly before something catches his attention. I turn around to see Elena dressed up, looking exactly like Kathrine. "Jesus, she looks like-" Damon starts. "Don't say it." I cut him off as Elena walks up to us. "Hi." She greets, smiling softly and I nod at her. "Where's Laine?" I ask and Elena points behind her.

I follow where she pointed and a smile pulls at my lips when I see my girl walking towards us, looking beautiful. "You know, you would have really fit in, in the 1800's." I tell her and she scoffs. "I doubt it. I already want to take it off." Natalie grumbles making me laugh.