64. Girls Night

Natalie's POV

It's around five-thirty when Caroline and Bonnie join me and Elena in our house for girls night. We had originally agreed to meet in the parking lot of the school but Bonnie and Stefan had gone to see the Martins during last period so we just agreed to meet up here instead.

It took longer than it should have as Bonnie and Stefan couldn't get Jonas to agree to a deal as he didn't want to defeat Klaus without Elijah. There was also the issue of Caroline as she didn't know what to bring so it took her ages to pack a bag.

But now, the four of us stand in the kitchen as music plays in the background whilst Elena pulls snacks from the cupboard. A big bag of potatoes chips and two packages of Chips Ahoy cookies. Caroline instantly groans when Elena places the food down in front of us. "I cannot eat any more junk food." She complains, shaking her head.

That was all Caroline had been eating all day as she has been feeling heartbroken over her brief talk with Matt this morning. "We need real food. So, Chinese food or pizza?" She questions, glancing between the three of us. "You're joking, right? There is no competition when it comes to Chinese food." I tell her, grinning.

"I swear, that is all you and Jenna live on." Elena mutters in amusement, even though she's not wrong. Whenever we order takeout, me and Jenna always want Chinese food even though Elena isn't the biggest fan. "Excuse me. I can't help what I like, okay?" I exclaim playfully making Elena chuckle.

"I'll order the food." Caroline says as she grabs her tablet from the table, turning it on. However, she freezes when she sees the background picture on the home screen. A picture of Matt. "I'll do it." Bonnie says softly, gently taking the tablet from Caroline's hands.

I grab Caroline's hand, squeezing it gently as she smiles at me gratefully. Elena walks over to the fridge and grabs three cans of soda and a bottle of water before bringing them back to the counter. "So, do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?" She asks, moving the cans in front of Bonnie and Caroline, and handing me the water.

"I don't know what to believe." Bonnie huffs as she typed away on the tablet before she sighs, looking up at the three of us. "I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust." She adds and we fall into silence at her words. "Well..." Caroline awkwardly draws out before she grins. "What are we going to do about this movie situation? What about The Notebook?" She suggests.

Me, Bonnie and Elena instantly groan in unison at the mention of that movie as it is always Caroline's choice, every time we are together. "Care, I love you, but I cannot sit through that movie again. It's so boring!" I exclaim before I shake my head. "And we watched that movie a few days ago." I add.

Caroline gasps in shock as she looks between the three of us. "Rude." She mutters as she doesn't understand why we don't want to watch the movie. "Well...I will not watch one of your horror movies either. They give me the heebie jeebies." Caroline crosses her arms over her chest stubbornly.

The three of us burst out laughing at her excuse for not wanting to watch a horror and it's quite amusing considering she's a vampire. "How on earth can you be scared when you are a vamp-" Elena doesn't get to finish her sentence as Jenna walks into the kitchen. "Uh, what's going on in here?" Jenna asks curiously, looking at our nervous smiles.

"We're just having girls night, aunt J." I tell her, trying to ignore the sadness in her eyes as I know Jenna hates pity. Jenna takes a silent deep breath as she slowly nods her head. "Oh." She murmurs, walking over to the far counter. I follow behind her, leaning back against the counter. "You doing okay, J?" I ask softly and Jenna lets out a heavy sigh.

"I'm guessing you spoke to Ric." She mumbles anxiously as she looks up at me. "He feels terrible." I tell her softly. Jenna suspiciously looks at me before glancing at the three girls behind me. "Is this some kind of attempt to cheer me up?" She questions, mainly looking at me and Elena.