13. Founders Council Party

Founders council dress

Natalie's POV

Arriving at the Lockwood party, Caroline by my side, our arms locked together. "Hey, Mrs Lockwood." Caroline greets while I give her a small smile. Me and Tyler's mom never really got along. "Hey girls. Come on in, have fun." Mrs Lockwood greets.

Me and Caroline give her a polite smile before we walk further into the party. "I hate these parties." I grumble, looking around the room in distaste. "Yet you never miss one." Caroline teases. "Yeah, thanks to you." I retort. "You're welcome." Caroline says making me chuckle.

I look around the room and seeing if I can see my boyfriend or any familiar faces when my eyes land on Damon who is already looking at me. I quickly look away, just as his lips begin to tilt up into a smirk. "Stefan's over there." Caroline tells me and I follow her line of sight to see Stefan leaning against a pillar, already looking at me.

I excuse myself from Caroline and quickly walk over to Stefan who's eyes look me up and down. As I get to him, I do a little twirl making him chuckle. "How do I look?" I ask. "Beautiful." He says grabbing my hand and twirling me once more. "Thank you. You look very handsome. I like you in a suit." I tell him, fixing his tie.

"I like you assessable." He says lowly and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What?" I ask and he smirks, moving closer to me before I feel his hand slip under my dress, his fingers touching my panties. I gasp as little as he chuckles, moving his hand away. "Oh." I say in realisation as his smirk stays on his face, taking a sip of his bourbon, his eyes still on mine.

Whoo, is it hot in here?

******

After meeting up with Elena, she drags me to check out the Gilbert's antique display, more so, she wanted to look at mom and day rings. Stefan walks up behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist as he pecks my neck. "Your parents?" He asks us, looking over my shoulder at the rings.

Me and Elena nod, a sad expression on both of our faces. "There's a lot of history here." Elena says before moving over to a wall that has the guest list of the first ever founders council party. "The founding families of Mystic Falls welcomes you to the inaugural Founders Council celebration. Wow! Look, it's the original guest registry." Elena says.

"Nat, look at all these familiar names." She says as me and Stefan share a look. "Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood." Suddenly, Elena frowns as she looks down the bottom. "Wait, hold on. Does that say Damon and Stefan Salvatore?" She asks, looking at Stefan in confusion as Stefan grips my waist tighter.

"The original Salvatore brothers." Damon clarifies, suddenly walking into the room along with Caroline. "Our ancestors. Tragic story, really." He adds. "We don't need to bore them with stories of the past." Stefan cuts in, scared Damon will spill their secret to Elena.