52. Vervain Well

Stefan's POV

I walk back into my room, seeing Natalie sitting on the bed, holding something folded in her hands. "What's that?" I ask and she looks up at me. "An empty blood bag." She answers showing it to me and I freeze. "Found it when I went to check on Liz this morning."

"Baby-" I start but she cuts me. "I'm not mad." She tells me and I furrow my eyebrows at her confused. "Stefan, I don't care if you want to drink human blood. I really don't." She says. "You're not mad?" I ask confused and she shakes her head. "Why would I be mad?" She asks.

"Because of what happened last time." I answer and she gets up, walking over to me. "Stef, do you want to drink human blood again?" She questions and I nod. "I do. I was too weak the other day. I could've died. I could've gotten you killed. I need to do this." I tell her and she nods understandably.

"It's your choice. And I'm with you every step of the way. And if it makes you feel better, then go for it." She says smiling softly. "You truly mean that?" I ask, admiring her cute dimples. "You know I trust you." She says making me nervous smile. "Do you know how much I love you?" I say and she chuckles. "I do."

"Just talk to me. That's all I ask." She adds and I nod. "I will." I tell her, cupping her cheeks in my hands, leaning down to kiss her softly.

******

"Hi, Mase." Natalie greets as Mason comes into view. "Hey, Nat. Stefan." Mason greets back as if nothing's wrong, setting down a box with his back turned. "Wasn't expecting to see you  here, Stefan...or anywhere." He mumbles. "Yeah, I had this little accident. But I'm fine now thanks to my girl." I say, keeping my arm securely around Natalie's waist.

"What did you do to Sheriff Forbes?" He inquires, striding forward and placing his hands on the table that separates us, his posture tense. "Oh, she's fine too." I tell him, taking satisfaction in the surprise he concluded. "But from now on, you'll have to do your own dirty work."

"Not a problem." Mason declares, his eyes flickering to Natalie as they soften. "You know, I'm surprised at you, Mason. I don't remember you being this much of a dick." She says and he sighs, shaking his head before walking away from the two of us, accidentally bumping into Bonnie on his way.

Face moving into bewilderment, Bonnie freezes making me and Natalie rush over to her. "Hey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Natalie questions. "When I touched him, I saw something." Bonnie tells us, her eyebrows furrowing as she tries to make sense of whatever she saw.

"A vision?" Natalie inquires earning a nod from Bonnie. "I saw Elena. He was...kissing her." She tells us and Natalie lets out a scoff of disbelief. "No way, Bon. Elena barely knows Mason, there's no way she would kiss him...."She argues, drifting of at the end of her sentence.

"What is it, baby?" I ask curiously as her lips tilt up. "But Kathrine would." She says making me looking at her knowingly.

******

"Mason Lockwood?" Damon questions after we had told him what Bonnie had seen. Out of all the people Kathrine could have used as a chess piece, she chose a werewolf. "Werewolf thing aside, the guy's a surfer! She has got to be using him. She has to be."

"For what? What is there that she can gain from using Mason? I mean, the guy's got muscle but he's missing a brain." Natalie says. "Mason Lockwood's looking for a moonstone that allegedly can break the full moon werewolf curse. Maybe Kathrine wants it aswell?" Damon proposes.

"Why?" I ask confused. "Well..." Damon says trying to come up with an idea but coming up blank. "No idea. It's the beauty of Kathrine. She's always up to something." He says. "If the moonstone is what she wants, how do we get it?" I question. "Jeremy's getting it from Tyler." Damon answers making Natalie's head snap to him.