36. Group Date*

Date outfit

Date outfit

Stefan's POV

I walk over to Natalie and Elena who are standing at their lockers, pecking Natalie's cheek. "Hi." She says lowly. "Hey, baby." I greet back just as she opens her locker and some of her books fall out. She bends down to grab them as I follow, and grab the ones she couldn't get.

"So, have you spoke to Damon?" Elena asks as we stand back up, and place the books back in Natalie's locker. "Damon hasn't said a word to me. Every time I try to talk to him, he just shuts me down." I tell her. "Do you still think he's trying to find Kathrine?" Elena asks as I wrap my arm around Natalie's waist and shrug.

"I don't know. He waited one hundred and forty five years only to find out Kathrine couldn't care less. It's got to hurt, right?" I answer as Natalie closes her locker. "And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." She says sarcastically. "Yeah, you got that right." Elena says.

"You have every reason to be upset with him. He did turn your mother." I say as Natalie leans back into me. "Have you thought about what you're going to do?" I ask and Elena shrugs. "I'm not upset. Well, I was but only after hearing that man say she didn't want to see us. That's what hurt." She says and Natalie scoffs.

"I couldn't care less about the woman, Elena. She abandoned us. But if it's what you want, go for it. Just don't get me involved." She says and Elena nods slightly. "Hey guys." Caroline greets as she pecks Natalie's cheek before looking between the two of us. "So, I was thinking. How about we double date tonight?" She asks.

"Um, as long as you're okay with it." Natalie says looking up at me and I nod. "Yeah, I'm cool with it." I say and Caroline smiles happily. "Hope you guys have fun. I'll see you later." Elena says before going to walk away but Caroline stops her.

"Err, you can join us too, Elena." She says and Elena shakes her head. "No, it's okay. Thanks though. I don't want to fifth wheel." She says. "You won't be. It will be five friends hanging out on a Friday night. Only we have to watch Natalie and Stefan constantly stick their tongues down each others throats." Caroline says giving me and Natalie a mock glare.

"So what? He's a good kisser." Natalie says making me chuckle. "You can invite someone if you want." Caroline suggests and Elena shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I'll come but on my own." She says and Natalie gives me a knowing look. "She just doesn't want to invite anyone because of Damon." She whispers and I nod.

"Is it okay with you, if I come?" Elena asked Natalie who sighs and nods. "Yeah, sure. Come on, we're gonna be late." She says, grabbing my hand before dragging me to class.

******

Natalie's POV

"Just a question. Why did you invite Elena?" I ask Caroline confused as we both get ready for our double date in my room. Caroline let's out an exasperated sigh as she finishes straightening my hair and sets the straightener down on my dressing table.