Chapter 110

The third year students ran out first to celebrate with their families. Their parents held gifts and signs or banners with each graduate's baby photo.

As the crowd slowly moved out behind them, Simon and Felice followed the choir down the steps to find Wilhelm and Sara in the audience.

Simon narrowed his eyes at Wilhelm once they reached each other at the base of the bleachers. "You disappeared." 

Wilhelm hesitated then leaned in to Simon as he glanced around discreetly at their classmates. "I know. Sorry. Can we get out of here?" 

Simon was still confused.  He hesitated a moment, followed Wilhelm's gaze around at the crowd then understood and nodded before following Wilhelm through the throng of students and staff.  He looked back briefly at Felice and his sister who were taking their time but following the flow of people out into the open too.

The boys made their way through the front gate and paused, scanning over the celebration. Wilhelm motioned for Simon to continue following him down the path along the pond. 

Simon walked by his side, nervously checking Wilhelm's expression as they went.  Wilhelm glanced over at the pond and suddenly flashed back to crawling through the mud on his hands and knees in the first week of his arrival at Hillerska.

He turned away from it, trying to shut out the memory but then caught sight of the statue at the bottom corner of the pond and he could almost feel the gag in his mouth again as he'd screamed for help.  

He had to stop and shut his eyes as Simon looked on, distressed. Wilhelm brought his hand up to rub the nape of his neck and took several deep breaths, trying to make the image vanish. 

Simon put his hand on Wilhelm's bicep.  "What's wrong, Wille?"  

Wilhelm shook his head, opened his eyes and dropped his hand, reaching out to brush Simon's arm affectionately.  He glanced back up the hill at Vincent and Nils who were laughing and chatting with their parents. They didn't even seem to notice August's absence, and Wilhelm felt sorry that he had no real friends. 

He scanned up toward Felice and Sara who stood near the other first year girls. Sara glanced down and met his eyes as if she'd read his mind. Probably the only person who really cared about August here, he thought.

He turned back to Simon,"I went to talk to Boris this morning." 

Simon narrowed his eyes and gave Wilhelm a sidelong glance, "Ok. Is something going on with the Court or...?"

Wilhelm shook his head, hesitating. "No, not really. It's just, um, it's August-"

"Whoa..." Simon's eyes were suddenly wide as he stared into the distance beyond Wilhelm. 

Wilhelm spun around and followed Simon's eyeline back up to the road.  He watched the black Audi and van park away from the crowd and swallowed the lump in his throat. 

"Uh...I don't...I have to see..."  Simon reached out to take Wilhelm's hand.  Wilhelm gave Simon a sad smile as he intertwined his fingers with Simon's and they headed up toward the carpark.

Sara and Felice noticed the change in their direction and watched as the boys moved toward the road. Simon lifted a hand to let Sara know they'd be back though he was nervous of what it all meant.

The bodyguard opened the door for Ludvig. Ludvig spotted Wilhelm and Simon moving toward the car and called out to his son then greeted Simon warmly.

"Hej, Pappa." Wilhelm released Simon's hand and moved forward to hug his father. They released each other and Ludvig glanced up toward the crowd of parents, staff and students who had noticed his arrival.

Young Royals Season 3 (Version 3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें