Chapter 109

Wilhelm wasn't there. Simon glanced around the double room, searching, then he turned back to look at the closed door and furrowed his brow. The room was empty.

He tried to convince himself it was nothing, that nothing was wrong. Then he sent a quick message to have it confirmed.

Simon: Allt okej? Vis ses på frukosten? Älskar dig. ❤️ (Everything ok? See you at breakfast? Love you.)

The choir would perform at the graduation ceremony later that morning, but for the moment the third years were having a champagne and strawberry breakfast while the lower years were allowed to mix between the houses so Simon and Wilhelm had agreed they'd go to the Herrgården dining hall to meet the girls before the ceremony.

Simon put on his uniform and headed out, passing some first years on his way. He hesitated a moment, nearly passing them by without a word, but then he turned to Valter suddenly, "Hey, um, have you seen Wille?"

The boy raised an eyebrow at Simon, wondering why he was asking where his own boyfriend was. "Yeah, he went by a few minutes ago."

Simon nodded at Valter, ignoring his skeptical expression. He turned and hurried down the hall out of Forest Ridge without another word. Valter watched him curiously as he went then turned back to Henry, smirking and shrugging his shoulders.

Simon made his way up the hill and almost immediately caught sight of Felice and Sara about to head inside the dining hall. He called out to them and they turned back, smiling as they greeted Simon.

He caught up and asked immediately, "Have you...seen Wille?" He looked from one to the other, realising he must sound panicked. He stopped himself and took a deep breath.

Felice shook her head, "Don't you live with him?" She tried to lighten the mood when she saw the concern in Simon's eyes.

"He left while I was in the shower but didn't say anything. I thought maybe he'd be here already."

The girls gave each other a brief sideways glance and Felice hurried to reassure Simon, "Mm- maybe he is!" She glanced toward the dining hall and they turned to head in together.

"How was the rest of your night anyway?" She smirked at him.

Simon's eyes got wide and his lips curled into a slight smile as he remembered the rest of his evening and morning with Wilhelm.

He lowered his head and replied coyly, "Yeah...it was good." He thought of how Wilhelm had asked Simon if he'd ever want to have a family together as they lay by the lakeside that morning and his smile widened again.

Then his thoughts went back to when they'd made love in the room afterward and he brought his hand to his face, sure that the blush in his cheeks would give him away.

Felice raised an eyebrow, "So he wasn't sick or anything?"

Simon shook his head. "No. He slept a bit...then we...went for a swim in the lake."

Felice and Sara turned to stare at each other in disbelief.

"Vad?!" Felice exclaimed, smirking at Sara. "The water must be freezing!"

Simon nodded and chuckled at their reaction. Then he turned to look at Sara as they climbed the steps.

He suddenly remembered he'd left her the night before though he had meant to take care of her. He asked quietly, "How was the party?"

Sara hesitated, turning slightly to answer him, "We...had a good time, but we left early too. The third years were really drunk. They made Ayub uncomfortable."