37. Parents' Day

Besides the workers who were decorating and setting tables in the dining room, there were others who were cleaning the halls and grooming the lawns preparing everything for Parents' Day but especially for the Queen's visit.

In Forest Ridge, Wilhelm held the door open for Simon as he went out into the corridor with his keyboard cradled in his arms again.

Henry walked out of his room at the same time and spotted Simon leaving the Crown Prince's bedroom.

"Making beautiful music together?" Henry smirked, thinking he was clever.

Simon looked up at him then gave Wilhelm a sideways glance in disbelief at the terrible pun. He scoffed and shook his head. Wilhelm laughed at Henry and Simon continued on to his room.

"I'll see you later, Wille." Simon called behind him.

"We're sitting together at lunch, right?" Wilhelm asked down the hall after Simon.

"Mm, we'll see what your mom says." Simon answered without pausing.

Wilhelm smirked and added ironically. "She'll be fine with it I'm sure."

_______________

About an hour later, everyone was in their school uniforms, ready to receive their parents and the Royal Family.

Most of the students were headed down to the car park to greet their parents who were already arriving.

Felice, Sara, Simon and Wilhelm waited together. There were small groups dotted around the top of the car park.

Vincent and Nils were off to the other side laughing loudly as they waited, but August was nowhere to be seen.

The luxury cars were heading up the tree-lined road like a caravan through the desert then amassing in the car park and one by one the students went forward to greet their parents and take them up to the dining room.

Felice left the others to go meet Poppe and Smysan then took them up to the dining room.

Linda arrived shortly after and approached the three of them, beaming. She hugged Simon and Sara, then moved to Wilhelm and hugged him as well.

"Chicos, how are you?"

They all nodded and smiled at her. Sara and Simon began chatting with Linda, telling her how his first night at Hillerska had gone without really telling her.

Wilhelm smirked conspiratorially at Simon off to one side so that Linda couldn't see him, then turned and looked around expectantly, wondering when his mother and father were likely to arrive.

Normally in this sort of situation, they would be the last to arrive for security reasons, but he'd only received a vague message from Jan Olof confirming that they would all be there.

Wilhelm turned back to listen to Linda and realised how much she really didn't know about what was happening with her family and how it was hanging over them like a storm cloud.

Sara and Simon had finally told her that Micke was in legal trouble, but hadn't gone into details about what was happening to him. They hadn't yet heard anything about how long his sentence might be either.

Simon hadn't told Linda anything about them trying to find additional evidence that would help convict August and Linda somehow trusted that the school was actually investigating the allegations.

Wilhelm thought that Linda's trusting and innocent nature was something very endearing about her, but it was also something that made her easy to take advantage of, and if she were going to be this close to the Royal Family she needed to learn that they weren't to be trusted.