35. Moving

The next day...

Felice and Sara walked to class together carrying their books under their arms.

August came out of Forest Ridge as they were passing by. He watched them go by but mostly focussed on Sara looking more sad than menacing. Felice glowered at August while Sara looked away avoiding eye contact with him.

"I can't wait to see him get arrested." Felice whispered to Sara and snickered as they got further from him.

Sara smirked at Felice then became thoughtful. "Has Wille figured anything out?"

Felice shook her head. "Mm. Not yet. He talked to the headmistress but she says she doesn't know what happened to it. He asked his father again. He can't really ask anyone at the Palace. It sounds like they just made it disappear. But I think Wille's been sort of distracted with Simon moving in anyway." She smiled at Sara and Sara nodded.

"Yeah, my mom is bringing his stuff over after school. So she'll be here today, and then she'll be back tomorrow for Parents' Day."

"Nice! Is your dad coming?" Felice hesitated to ask since Sara hadn't told her much about what was happening with Micke.

"Um, no. Actually I'm gonna go see him this afternoon because he's...being sentenced tomorrow."

Sara looked down at the ground and Felice reached out to touch her arm, smiling weakly and trying to reassure her.

Sara smiled at her then changed the subject. "And the Queen is coming this time too."

"Yeah. That should be interesting. I think Wille's hardly spoken to her."

Sara lifted her brow at Felice and they continued on. "What does the Queen say about Simon living here now?"

"Oh! Um...she doesn't know...she can't know...Ok?" Felice gave Sara a stern look to make sure she understood.

Sara nodded emphatically. "Yeah, ok. I'm not gonna speak to the Queen, so..." She paused then changed the subject slightly again. "Ya know, it'll be better for Simon to live at Hillerska. He was getting harassed on the bus all the time before this happened."

"What do you mean?" Felice wrinkled her brow.

"Before the guy grabbed him." Sara shrugged her shoulders.

"Someone grabbed Simon?" Felice furrowed her brow as she turned to look at Sara again.

"Um..." Sara's eyes got wide suddenly as she realised what she'd done. Simon hadn't told her not to say anything, but now that she had, it seemed obvious she should have kept it to herself. "Don't tell anyone, ok? I thought you knew."

Felice felt unsettled but she saw the fear in Sara's eyes and shook her head emphatically. "No, of course not."

They arrived at the school building and made their way through the doors and down the corridor to class.

________________

That afternoon...

Linda stopped in the lower car park, turned off the engine, and stepped out of the car to Simon who was waiting for her. She smiled at him weakly then reached back into the car and pulled a full backpack out for him to take. He took it thanking her then wrapped her in a hug.

She said quietly as she hugged him, "Simon, you know you can come home whenever you want. Don't feel like you have to stay if you don't like it."

Simon smiled, trying to reassure her. "I'll be fine, mamma." Simon let her go and and went around to the trunk.