"Where the hell have you two been?" Elena asks annoyed. "We was busy." Natalie replies as she rolls her eyes. "What's with the secret meeting?" She asks. "I saw Isobel last night." Alaric announces. "You have got to be fucking kidding me." Natalie grumbles, shaking her head. "Isobel's here? In town?" I question and Alaric nods.

"Did you ask her about John? Are they working together?" I question. "No." Alaric replies simply. "No, they're not?" I press. "I didn't ask." Alaric tells me. "What about the invention? Did she know about the tomb vampires?" I ask, becoming less patient. "I don't know." Alaric shrugs.

"Did words completely escape you?" I question him as I take a threatening step towards him. "Actually, I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions!" Alaric shouts. "Well, did she say what she wanted?" I ask.

"She wants to see us, Damon." Elena announces, looking at Natalie's who stiffens in Stefan's arms. "You don't have to see her if you don't want too, baby." He tells her. "She doesn't have a choice. Isobel has threatened to go on a killing spree if this meeting doesn't go ahead." Alaric speaks up.

"Well, rest in peace to the residents of Mystic Falls then." Natalie says sarcastically. Me and Stefan lightly chuckle at her remark, however, Elena and Alaric didn't find her funny. "Natalie." Elena scolds, her eyes turned into slits as she stares at her twin. "Look, I want to meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it. And so will you."

"Like hell I will." Natalie scoffs, shaking her head. "Why are you making me do this?" She questions Elena. "Because she's our Mom." Elena says. "No, she's not. She's the bitch who gave us up at birth because she couldn't handle it and wanted to become a vampire. That's selfish, not a mom." Natalie argues and Elena looks down at the desk.

"I'll go because I want you safe and I don't trust her. She obviously wants something." Natalie then says making Elena look at her gratefully. "I'll let her know." Alaric says and Natalie nods. "You okay?" Stefan asks her. "Yeah. Excuse me." She says quickly rushing out of the classroom and Stefan runs after her.

******

Natalie's POV

"I can't believe you're making me do this." I grumble as me and Elena sit in the Grill, awaiting the arrival of Isobel. Stefan is over by the pool table, not close but close enough so he can hear the whole conversation and keep his eye on me.

I can tell that Elena is nervous as she continuously drums her fingers on the table, her leg bouncing up and down as she scans the room. "Will you stop? You're driving me mad." I exclaim, catching Stefan's eye. 'You okay?' He mouths and I nod. 'I'm okay.' I tell him.

"I'm nervous." Elena whispers and I scoff. "You're the one that agreed to this." I remind her. I go to look at Stefan again only to see a dark-haired woman in front of us. "Isobel, I assume." I state unimpressed and she smirks. "Hello girls. You look just like her...well, you don't." Isobel says, looking at me. "You have my nose, but the rest is rare." She finishes, pulling out a chair and taking a seat opposite us.

"So I'm guessing you know Little Miss Bitch?" I ask knowingly as I slouch back into my chair. "That's how you can walk in the sun." I say, gesturing to her necklace hanging from her neck. "Kathrine helped me obtain it." Isobel replies.

"Who's our father?" Elena asks and I roll my eyes, already bored. "He's not important. A teenage waste of space." Isobel replies, clearly amused before she looks at me. "Kathrine would be fascinated by you." She says and I scoff. "Feelings not mutual." I say with a sarcastic smile.

"Why did you compel that man to kill himself? After he told us to stop looking for you?" Elena questions curiously and Isobel shrugs her shoulders, her face showing no emotion. "Dramatic impact. I wish it could have been more effective." She replies, her tone cold.