The Union

Khushi snuggled more into comfort and felt the same action of her mimicked.

Soon she heard few click sounds of camera which broke her early morning slumber.

Now that she opened her eyes... It was welcomed with the angelic sleepy face of her stranger.
In the sleepy trance she ruffled his hair and the action was welcomed with gasps making her turn her head in confusion towards the source.
Now her sleepy eyes opened wide seeing the owner of the house standing their with many emotions passing through their face... Happy, surprise, tease and tears. Atleast that many was what she could depict in her now waken mind. She then followed her gaze and now her mind registered her position with another being.

It was only when used by Arnav she came to know about the unused part of the couch

But the position wasn't the awkward thing as for now.
The awkward thing was the situation.

She was practically cuddling the brother of her Bhabhi.... In their couch... In their mansion.. In front of her bhai.

K: WHAT THE- *hiccup ×2

While she tried to get up the other person was not yet done with his dreamland.

A: Shut up Khushi
Said Arnav in his sleepy yet husky voice leading to further hiccups of the addressed person.

Anjali made her way towards the couple and tried to shake Arnav from his slumber.

A:SONE DO KHUSHI.

An: khushi ji ki galti nahi hain chote... Hum hain.

Arnav was now wide awake and soon realised his position and got up to sit straight.
While Jha couple were still ogling him... Khushi's hiccups didn't seem to subside.

After a while Shyam offered her a glass of water with unreadable expression making both Khushi and Arnav gulp.

An:khushi ji....

Her voice made it clear that she was about to throw a deserved tease towards her which Khushi dodged away before Anjali even had a chance.

K:devi mayya 7 baj gaye... Bhai I have morning shift from 8:30 I'll get going now I'm already late.

An:chai to pee lete Khushi ji..
K: NAHI... Humara matlab chai kisi aur din bhabhi... Abhi bahut der hogayi.

She practically ran to the main door.

K:Bye bhai bye bhabhi... Bye... EVERYONE.

After her departure now the questioning gazes were thrown towards a particular Raizada...

S:saale saahab Aap yahan?

Ar: ji.. Ji voh kal-

S:Kal se aap yahan the???

Ar.: ji voh kal lunch hours mein di.. I mean aap logo se milne aya tha par Kamla aunty ki kuch confusion ke vajaha se hum dono ko ghar mein band kar diya gaya... No need to scold her... I didn't know that She was Alzheimer's patient.

Till now Anjali and Shyam heard his explanation but both of them had  hard time to control their laughter while seeing the ASR stutter in every word.

Anjali didn't let it slide and suddenly started singing

Hum tum ek ghar mein band ho aur chaabi kho jaayeinn~~~

Shyam started to laugh but Arnav felt relieved to see the old Anjali back.

Seeing his eyes Anjali knew what he was thinking thus went to him and cupped his face

An:kya chote apne di ko maaf karenge.... Ek aakhri baar... Aapko phirse kabhi shikaayat ka mouka nahi denge.

Though Arnav was angry on her decisions he was never that strong to push her away from his life... She had always been his mother after their Amma's death. Just because she did one mistake didn't mean he forgot the sacrifices she made for him and the love and care she showered over him in the past.

Her tears reflected in his eyes... He couldn't see her like this thus pulled into hug. Both the siblings cried for each other in each other's arms.

Shyam had happy tears knowing that a di got her chote back and chote finally had his world back. This union was surreal for all the three present there.

Shyam asked Arnav to freshen up and have the breakfast before taking his leave... And surprisingly he obliged without any argument.

Yes Arnav now started to give a chance to the relationship he will be having with his brother in law. Now that his sister was the main woman for both him and his jijaaji he knew the necessity to over come his trust issues and accepting the relation.

While having breakfast Anjali explained everything about yesterday and Arnav felt grateful for having Shyam in his sister's life. He now knew that she was in safe hands.

S:uhhnhunn sirf hum nahi chutki bhi insab thank you ke hakdaar hain...

An:khushi ji.??

S:haan unhone hi humse aake mamiji je baaton ke baare mein bataya... Aur yeh bhi samjaya ki insab mein aapki koi galti nhi thi... Doctor hain na sab kuch kam samay mein correct explanation deke samjaya aur jab humne chaha ki aapko surprise de toh Usi ne hume delhi lekar jaane ka idea diya.

Anjali was genuinely happy for having Khushi in their life.
She decided to meet her at this weekend and Shyam too joined for the plan.

An:chote aap bhi aarahe hain... Agar koi meeting hain toh abhi nipta lijiye.. Aap aarhe hain bas.

Arnav just nodded his head while still facing the plate... As he knew if he looked up he could see the teasing eyes of his di which was not what he wanted after the morning event that occured.

Please make sure to like the story if you appreciate the plots.. It seriously means a lot to a writer. Thank you🤗