The believer

The ounce of guilt he had for his actions towards Khushi grown to mountain size after he heard the conversation between his sister and mami.

Flashback:
When he was bought back from the trance thanks to the tight slap offered to him.. He decided to follow her... Not to continue his accusations but due to the genuine concern he had about her safety.

But as he neared to the exit he happened to eavesdrop to the conversation oblivious to the other two people.

Mami: yahi sahi time he Anajli bitiya apne husbandwa ko tumhare bhai ke bartaav ke baare mein bata ke unke dil mein permanent jagah banaane ki... Agar tumhare husbandwa ko pata chal ki uss Arnav ne unki muh boli behen ke saath badtameezi ki hain toh voh usse naa hi iss ghar mein na hi bahar unke aaspas bhatakne denge... Jisse humari kaamiyaabi pakki ho jaayegi..... Guruji ne kaha tha na ki tumhara bhai hi tumhere pati ka hatiyaara banega... Yahi shai mouka hain usse tumhari aur Shyam ji ki zindagi se hatwaane ka...

Anjali: par maamiji.... Cho- matlab Arnav ka naam badnaam hoga...

Mami: yahi seekhaya humne aapko?? Ek aurat ek hi karm hota hain apne pati ki raksha karna..... Lagta hain humaari mamta mein hi kami reh gayi jo aapko uss Ratna ki soch aagayi hain...

Arnav at this point wanted to throw his hands on his so called Mami... He had enough but he somewhere wanted to see his sister's reaction.
And ger actions at this point didn't surprise him.

She started consoling her mami and agreed to talk to Shyam... But her voice clearly showed her hesitancy.

Present time.
So now he could join the dots and decoded the reason for his sister's sudden change towards him during wedding rituals.
He wasn't surprised about the drama pulled by his Mami... He always knew that the potent enemy of his lived under the same roof.
What surprised him was that his sister was getting easily manipulated. He never knew that Mami had sowed the ideology of perfect wife in her brain.
But again he didn't neglect the part that Anjali was a full grown woman and not any nursery child to sow and nurture any kind of ideologies this easily.

This angered him. The negligence of his sister angered him. But again being the chote of hers He wanted to bring her back from the trap set by his cunning aunt. Just because she was a believer in God mami used a crap story to set a trap and Anjali willingly got trapped in it.

He sighed and decided to talk to her the very next morning. And maybe that was a wrong decision.

Even after the drastic changes in her behavior Arnav hoped her to handle the things with more maturity and that was the major slit in his first step towards mending his sister's mind.

Anjali Jha being the most insecure being ever walked on the mortal ground decided to spill the beans to her husband that very night.

Please make sure to like the story if you appreciate the plots.. It seriously means a lot to a writer. Thank you🤗