The Changes

Arnav was spending his weekend in his room... Mainly working on next projects.

But silence didn't last for long when his only sister decided to call him on weekend.

Anjali:hello chote?
Arnav:haan boliye..
An: chote aaj aapke jijaji ek important case jeet kar aayein toh isiliye humne party rakha hain ek restaurant... Kya aap aayenge.?

Arnav clearly heard the uncertainty in her voice as if she was not willing to have his arrival.

Ar:ji meri ek important meeting hain toh main bhi
An:ooh accha.. Koi baat nhi chote mein samajh sakti hun... Theek hain mein rakhti hun.

Arnav felt the urgency in her voice and also the fact that she didn't bother to force him didn't go unnoticed by him.

For a while he felt like his heart was bleeding. He kept the files aside and went to his wardrobe... Then opened the drawer filled with his childhood pictures with his di and amma.

Ar: dekho na Amma... Ajj kal di kitni badal gayi hain... Iss tarah bulane se toh accha tha bulate hi nhi.... Aapko yaad hain di kese hamesha mere piche doudh titi taaki mein pooja mein bait saku... Kaise Rakhi bandhne ke liye naach tithi.... Iss saal rakhi ko courier-*hiccup courier karke bheja unhone.... Jab jijaji ne poocha toh bataya ki unhe laga mein kaam se bahar gaya hun..... Main kitna bhi busy hota hun leking Rakhi ke din saare kaam chod ke ghar mein baitha tha.... Lekin di ke bajaaye courier aaya.... *hiccup.... Maa aap di ko bataaiye na ki unke chote ro rahe hain unke liye... Unke wajah se...

There was a knock on the door which made Arnav to regain himself..
Ar:yes?
Hp: baba aapka khana...
Ar:hmm... Baaki sab ka khana hogaya?
Hp:jee baba
Ar. :theek hain... Jao

This didn't bother him at this time.... He was already resistant to his family's ignorance.
In fact that was the main reason to have a well built wall against his heart.

Nani knocked on his door after he had his lunch.
Ar: ji?
Nani: voh bitwa anjali ka phone aaya tha Shyam ji -
Ar: jee unhone bataya aap log jaayie mujhe kuch kaam hain...
Nani:voh bitwa hame laga ki sab log jaa rahe hain isiliye Hp ko maine voh kaam kahte hain fung--fung--
Ar:fungicides
Nani:haan vo dalne ko bol diya toh..

Ar:koi nhi main office ko jaane vala tha abhi.
Nani: accha bitwa hum chalte hain..

On his way to office he crossed his path with the last person he wanted to meet... His brother in law.

S:Arre saale sahab aap abhi bhi idhar hain... Raani sahiba ne bataya nhi ki aaj hamare

Ar: ji mujhe kuch kaam tha to isiliye
S:saale sahab kaam toh hote rahenge aaj toh weekend hain aaj toh office ko bhaksh deejiye.... Chaliye humaare saath varna Rani sahiba bura maan jaayengi.

Arnav almost scoffed at his talks but covered it with cough. But again agreed with him as he somewhere wanted to know his sister's well being as he was never invited to anything related to her in law's parties due to unknown reason.

When he arrived at the venue he felt a similar shift in the air... His heart again skipped a beat.. His mind went back to some memories which ASR self had digged deep away from reach of Arnav.

He chose to ignore it as he always did. Shyam was with him all the time.
When they entered the Hall everyone started murmuring while many started fangiriling over the two handsome hunks.

When Shyam called his raani sahiba... Anjali's face turned pale seeing Arnav standing close to Shyam.... She immediately limped towards them.

For a while Arnav thought he would be welcomed with hug from his sister but again he learnt to have no hopes.
Anjali stood in between them and started dragging Shyam away from him and covering it up by saying that guests were asking for him.

Arnav felt the ignorance his sister threw at him after his arrival in invited yet uninvited party.

He had always felt the changes his relationship with Anjali changed during her marriage and it was never the same again.
Little did he know the changes were actually a trap from his closed one to strangle him in loneliness.

Please make sure to like the story if you appreciate the plots.. It seriously means a lot to a writer. Thank you🤗