Chapter 28: Collective Consciousness

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes, Reality change

Bold + Italics: Songs lyrics, Voice on speaker

Bold + Underline: Dimension change information

[] + Bold: Recording, Chat logs, Small Timeskips and Flashbacks

(A/N: All the images or gifs or videos used do not belong to me, they belong to the respective owners)

US Missouri, Earth-8, 10:00 AM

The Metal Gear EXCELSUS was on the ground, as it soon settled down, completely destroying the base, the dome shaped at the top of the Metal Gear soon opened up revealing a man that walked outside. This was Vlad Arc, who turned to see Issei and his team, as he looks down upon them with a smile. 

"Well, if it isn't saucy Issei...and his team.." Vlad looks at the clock, and speaks, "Just a little too late, as usual.." 

"Vlad! Impressive little Gear you got there, but your madness ends now!" Vlad only cackled in response as he spoke, "Oh my dear General, this is just the beginning, did you check on your team lately?" 

Issei pondered, as Nyx widened her eyes and spoke, "No..." 

"Nyx, what happened?" Nyx turned to Issei and spoke, "They have been ambushed by Screaming Mantis, Snake and the others are trying to struggle against them, but her mind control is really strong. They are trying to fight it, but we can only hope that they can win." 

Nyx's words made Issei horrified as he glared at Issei and spoke, "So you know, huh?" 

"With the control of the SOP, and Ocelot gaining more and more power, soon the entire Patriots AI will fall into our hands. They will never reach the system in order to stop it from gaining control. Once it is done, we will launch a full scale invasion, plunging the entire of the Earth-8 into chaos, just like how Ocelot says...'Like the Good ol' Wild West." Issei clenched his fist and growled as Melinoë responded. 

"But we were able to eliminate Crying Wolf and Vamp.." Vlad only laughed as he spoke, "Oh but you are forgetting, we got what we wanted, we got the Rail Gun, and soon Liquid will destroy the JD and soon replace it with his own GW. This will end with the US's defeat and soon after that Arcadia will fall under our control! They were only pawns that served their purpose!" Melinoë growled in response, as she glared at Vlad, she was with Snake during his fight against Crying Wolf, and defeated her alongside her team. 

 "Besides, I have this Metal Gear EXCELSUS, meant specifically to deal with the Original 15, but I don't mind testing it on you, anyways.." Vlad soon went inside, but not before taunting them, "Say your prayers, 501st, tonight is your final day..." 

Vlad went inside and activated the Metal Gear, as it became operational. Issei and his team got ready to fight the behemoth as they had to stop it at all costs.